NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Quazza said:

own him in a DD league without TO's and before todays game he was rated 9th over all

Contract Hassan is a beast

He's ranked Top 10 in basically all formats at the moment. I want to sell high but I think this is what Whiteside 2019-2020 is going to look like.

Absolute unit. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am high on him this season (probably higher than most). Frankly there is a lot to like if you are an optimist. He has bounce back written all over him.  1) They are going to ride this dude into

Anomaly? I beg to differ sir. All the numbers he is putting up this year are not out of the ordinary for whiteside. He has averaged more points and rebounds in 2017, more blks in 2016. More efficient

Yet again, when Stotts (who refuses to play any centers real starter minutes including Nurkic) gives Whiteside minutes, he comes through. I really don't get what's going on in Stotts head when he plays Whiteside in the low 20s, it's not like he has a legit backup. Makes zero sense. 

6 hours ago, snerpy said:

He's ranked Top 10 in basically all formats at the moment. I want to sell high but I think this is what Whiteside 2019-2020 is going to look like.

Absolute unit. 

He's ranked 21 in 8 cat leagues, and was like 28 before this game, so not sure what you are talking about. 

He's not a sell high. Contract seeking Hassan Whiteside is a top 3 center in the league. We've seen this story before. You ride this out for the entire season and let someone else deal with him after he gets a new contract. 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

lol false injury history again. check his games played in last seasons bro. what are you spouting

Two years ago 54 games in 25 mpg Last year 72 games in limited minutes. At 30 mpg the risk of an injury increases. 

If you decide to hold and he stays relatively healthy he is a big big reward. If he gets injured, you missed your chance to sell high. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Two years ago 54 games in 25 mpg Last year 72 games in limited minutes. At 30 mpg the risk of an injury increases. 

If you decide to hold and he stays relatively healthy he is a big big reward. If he gets injured, you missed your chance to sell high. 

with that logic you could definitely get burned.that could tip the scale for the other owner given the fact that he can definitely sustain this sort of production. no thanks bud.  

I've assessed his worth too, most think hes injury prone (which I laugh at hes playing 5 more minutes than last year and he managed 70 games) so that value is already accounted for in their offerings. I think I will keep the elevated production and hope he just keeps it up because im selling at a somewhat of a discount if i am. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
3 hours ago, magic32 said:

He's ranked 21 in 8 cat leagues, and was like 28 before this game, so not sure what you are talking about. 

"Not sure what you're talking about"? In standard leagues he's ranked 8th on the season, so that sounds like a personal problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

"Not sure what you're talking about"? In standard leagues he's ranked 8th on the season, so that sounds like a personal problem. 

no hes not. youre looking at "stats" which hes ranked 8th, but you should never use that ranking system. hes 17th on the year (avg stats)
and 2nd over the last 7 days lmfao. sorry bud youre wrong ont his one

Guys who missed games will obviously fall behind (ayton collins) and it places less importance on TO

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

I'd love to sell high but no one in my league wants him due to injury concern and Nurkic return.

You guys worried about what happens when Nurkic comes back? 

No, he's due back after the all star break at the earliest. **** they might not even make the playoffs lol. Also, nobody stops contract year Whiteside.

2 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

no hes not. youre looking at "stats" which hes ranked 8th, but you should never use that ranking system. hes 17th on the year (avg stats)
and 2nd over the last 7 days lmfao. sorry bud youre wrong ont his one

Guys who missed games will obviously fall behind (ayton collins) and it places less importance on TO

Sure if you use yahoo rankings.

BBM Top 10 on a per game basis for the year. 8 in total value. 

Whatever the rankings are, they all say he's a stud.

1 hour ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

I'd love to sell high but no one in my league wants him due to injury concern and Nurkic return.

Nope. Nurkic wont be up to speed until late March / early April. Fantasy will be over by then.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

Why? Nurk will be on a strict minute limit, not play in B2B's, and there are a lot of non producing scrubs on their bench that he can take minutes from first.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, miasma16 said:

what the hell are you talking about "standard leagues?" you just make up your own categories? He's ranked 21st in 8 cat leagues and 14 in 9 cat leagues. So you're talking out of your @ss. 

On 12/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, miasma16 said:

And the only place where he ranked anywhere near 8 is in Total Value 9 cat leagues which is stupid to look at cause it's not based on average states but total stats and benefits players who have simply played more games.