NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

46 minutes ago, fbbaddict said:

Just to clarify this "rankings" thing:

Per-game value (Average stats):

He's 8th best player per BBM, 11th per Yahoo (apperantly 8-11 range is too close in terms of z-score, hence the difference).

Total value:

He's 7th both per BBM and Yahoo.

These are for the standard 9-cat leagues (12 team, 13 players per team). It shouldn't be too different on deeper leagues, as long as it's a 9-cat league.

P.S: This season he is a monster lol.

He's 15th in 8 cat as of right now and 8th in 9 Cat, but he was nowhere near that at the time that guy posted that he was.  That's per game. Total Value is not a good measurement of a player's performance cause it has to do with total amount of games played instead of what he does on a nightly basis. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am high on him this season (probably higher than most). Frankly there is a lot to like if you are an optimist. He has bounce back written all over him.  1) They are going to ride this dude into

Anomaly? I beg to differ sir. All the numbers he is putting up this year are not out of the ordinary for whiteside. He has averaged more points and rebounds in 2017, more blks in 2016. More efficient

9 minutes ago, magic32 said:

He's 15th in 8 cat as of right now and 8th in 9 Cat, but he was nowhere near that at the time that guy posted that he was.  That's per game. Total Value is not a good measurement of a player's performance cause it has to do with total amount of games played instead of what he does on a nightly basis. 

I don't know what was his ranking back then, just wanted to clarify it as of now.

I agree with you that per-game value is the better measuerement 90% of the time, but I use total value in some cases, such as valuing the load management guys (e.g Kawhi) or some historically injury prone players (e.g Kyrie) during the draft.

Edited by fbbaddict

The bad news is no way you can get away with getting him late next season. If you want him, it'll have to be the back end 1st round like it was a few years ago. And that will turn me away most likely. But just gonna enjoy this breakout atm.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

The bad news is no way you can get away with getting him late next season. If you want him, it'll have to be the back end 1st round like it was a few years ago. And that will turn me away most likely. But just gonna enjoy this breakout atm.

Next year is a totally different conversation. Have to think where he ends up because with Nurk healthy if he stays put (which seems unlikely) his minutes will be down a lot.

Edited by RipCity0
6 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Nurk is back next yr

6 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Next year is a totally different conversation. Have to think where he ends up because with Nurk healthy if he stays put (which seems unlikely) his minutes will be down a lot.

5 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Nurk is back next yr

I don't think Whiteside will be on their roster next season. Probably flip his contract to get a quality wing(s) since they lack depth at that position.

Edited by Trench Mob
On 12/23/2019 at 3:23 AM, magic32 said:

Um no. try following a little closer, junior. Of course it's not bad, however, it's not top 8 like you said.  Things need to be put in proper perspective, and that's the opposite of what you are doing with your made up numbers. Next time, please try to sober up before posting. 

Except it was, and you're wrong. Grow up and stop doing this entire board a disservice.

2 hours ago, n3gative said:

exceeding everyone's expectations this year, but still no one trusts him and his future is so muddy. Enjoy the ride!

I think he will ball out ros, nurk will at most play 15-20 min a game tops once he is cleared.  This isnt a sell situation imo

5 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Nothing more pathetic than watching you lie on the internet about Whiteside's elite fantasy performance on Christmas, lmao. 

not funny. no one is laughing. and i never said anything bad about his performance. I just didn't flat out lie and make up fake numbers like you did. now THAT's Pathetic.