NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

kmoore1521

4 hours ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Portland gotta be in win now mode at this point. Dame is in his prime. Nurk is gonna be on a minutes restriction and Collins will be back in March. If they trade Hassan they're giving up on the season. It's as simple as that. They shouldn't piss off Dame. Besides, there is nobody on the market better than him so might as well ride him out for the year and make a fight for the playoffs.

Piss of Dame lol, Chris Haynes heavily implied that Dame wants Whiteside gone in a win now move. He also said that Bazemore will be traded, and that happened when nobody else was talking about it. 

Dame really thinks highly of Nurkic. He wont be bothered in the least if they ship Whiteside out.

5 hours ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Portland gotta be in win now mode at this point. Dame is in his prime. Nurk is gonna be on a minutes restriction and Collins will be back in March. If they trade Hassan they're giving up on the season. It's as simple as that. They shouldn't piss off Dame. Besides, there is nobody on the market better than him so might as well ride him out for the year and make a fight for the playoffs.

They’ve been in win now mode for the past 3 years!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

so jealous. the rumors of lazy cancer whiteside from miami gave so much value for people who grabbed him. 

There are no rumors, this is probably the best season of his career and he's still garbage at anything - like setting screens - that doesn't have a column in the box score. Except for assists, he sucks at those too. https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status/717517752764932097 Portland is last in the NBA in offensive boards allowed. If you've watched a Blazers game this year (or a Heat game in the last decade) you know why. https://streamable.com/umsf?t=2.2 He's one of the worst bigs in the entire league at boxing out.

I love the dude, he's leading my team to a potential fantasy championship. He's also a lazy cancer and I want him nowhere near my irl team.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fachowski said:

Enjoy this anomaly of a fantasy year from him everyone.

Once he gets that new fat contract, he's gonna turn into Myles Turner

Anomaly? I beg to differ sir. All the numbers he is putting up this year are not out of the ordinary for whiteside. He has averaged more points and rebounds in 2017, more blks in 2016. More efficient in 2015 and shot more in 2017. He averaged a double-double in >54%fg and more than 1.7blks for the 6th straight season. The only “anomaly” this season is his 73% ft.

He may be better on paper than how he does on the court but his stats have been consistent as long as he’s playing, year in and year out. Can’t help but feel envy is the reason for your negativity, please check yourself.

• Like 5

On 2/4/2020 at 8:41 PM, teamnochance said:

Drop city....

Seriously tonight is a trash line for his standard

Wish I saw this before. Ppl like you drafted this dude as a 50-80th pick and he’s producing top 5 value but you have the audacity to criticize 1 bad game ... I’ll knock you out.