NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyle Kuzma 2019-2020 Outlook

31 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Wow, if he can get stocks that will change everything. 

I'm not even worried about the percentages.

Kuzma and stocks just don’t get along.  The kid is just flat out bad on defense. What little he does get is purely because of his length and wingspan 

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Kuzma and stocks just don’t get along.  The kid is just flat out bad on defense. What little he does get is purely because of his length and wingspan 

At least he's trying. 

23 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Drop city....sad to say it but Kuz just doesn’t get the usage that he did before and essentially the Lakers don’t need his scoring to win games anymore. He just stands on the 3 point line and watches LeBron and AD do all the work.

Drops city? I meant block city. 😂 I need to angry rant about him before every game if he continues to play like this.

Crazy how he’s still 72% owned in Yahoo! leagues. With how he’s been playing I thought everyone would’ve dropped Kuz by now. Can anyone tell me why they’ve been holding? Do you like his ROS outlook? Need someone to convince me not to just make a streaming spot out of Kuz’s roster spot on my team and stay patient. Btw, I’m a big Laker fan and watch all the games, that’s why I’m holding out hope cause I’ve seen how good he was his first two years. But damn, Vogel hates this guy as LeBron/AD are straight ballin’ rn. 😒

1 hour ago, NoahsArc said:

Crazy how he’s still 72% owned in Yahoo! leagues. With how he’s been playing I thought everyone would’ve dropped Kuz by now. Can anyone tell me why they’ve been holding? Do you like his ROS outlook? Need someone to convince me not to just make a streaming spot out of Kuz’s roster spot on my team and stay patient. Btw, I’m a big Laker fan and watch all the games, that’s why I’m holding out hope cause I’ve seen how good he was his first two years. But damn, Vogel hates this guy as LeBron/AD are straight ballin’ rn. 😒

I think it's due to a lack of PFs available in the FA list. I just dropped him and I didn't have much choice. Ended up getting Cedi who was probably the next best PF available.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

I agree 100% It's crazy he's still 72% rosters. 

Why are you still holding on to him? To me he's the most overrated fantasy player out there. Offers literally 0 stocks and is mediocre to poor in every other area. If he wasn't playing on the Lakers, this guy would be owned in like 10% of leagues. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LeMao-James said:

Why are you still holding on to him? To me he's the most overrated fantasy player out there. Offers literally 0 stocks and is mediocre to poor in every other area. If he wasn't playing on the Lakers, this guy would be owned in like 10% of leagues. 

who do you think breaks out if lebron/ad goes down? Or even if LAL locks 1 seed and rests them, kuz is a stash for now, gonna be hella huge. 

5 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Fwiw you don’t know the context of that number. Was he originally at 100%? Is, say, 28% a big drop? Idk. But I agree with your overall point that he stinks and  the case for holding him is pretty weak.

3 hours ago, LeMao-James said:

My only logical reason for holding him would be because I’m a Laker fan and I know we need a third option eventually. Sometimes you just hold players because you like them. Lol. But at the rate they’re playing now, seems like they don’t need Kuz. Fantasy wise Kyle’s a poor hold, but I assume the rest of the owners are holding him for the hype too.

4 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

who do you think breaks out if lebron/ad goes down? Or even if LAL locks 1 seed and rests them, kuz is a stash for now, gonna be hella huge. 

If AD goes down, McGee is a must roster. 

What do you expect Kuzma to put up if LBJ or AD goes down?

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be condescending in any way. 

He doesn't offer any defensive stats, doesn't give you assists, and at best is above average in points. 

With all the free reign last year, he was ranked 135. 

You are going to stash him if BOTH LBJ and AD goes down?

39 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

My only logical reason for holding him would be because I’m a Laker fan and I know we need a third option eventually. Sometimes you just hold players because you like them. Lol. But at the rate they’re playing now, seems like they don’t need Kuz. Fantasy wise Kyle’s a poor hold, but I assume the rest of the owners are holding him for the hype too.

Same here , Laker fan . But right now he has no value. Major drop in 9-cat and points league as well. He’ll break out later into the season, or if an injury befalls the Lakers . I was holding same reason most owners were..Laker fans and the whole Kuz hype train. If your team is stacked and your top3 in standings , I might have waited it out. But unfortunately with injures and other players underperforming , I had to cut him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally decided to jump ship. He'll be better as the season goes on. But after him being out yesterday with his ankle injury lingering I couldn't wait it out anymore and I cut bait. It'll feel good to stream again, just sucks that it was at the expense of Kuz. Anyways, he wasn't offering much but the die hard Laker fan in me is crying because I like to roster at least one Laker each year in fantasy hoops. Good luck to everyone holding, I wish you the best. Lakers about to win the chip this year, can't wait for the parade on Figueroa! 🏆

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

I finally decided to jump ship. He'll be better as the season goes on. But after him being out yesterday with his ankle injury lingering I couldn't wait it out anymore and I cut bait. It'll feel good to stream again, just sucks that it was at the expense of Kuz. Anyways, he wasn't offering much but the die hard Laker fan in me is crying because I like to roster at least one Laker each year in fantasy hoops. Good luck to everyone holding, I wish you the best. Lakers about to win the chip this year, can't wait for the parade on Figueroa! 🏆

Let’s not get carried away.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 6:13 PM, LeMao-James said:

Actually, if he was on a different team that's a lottery team where he can be a looter in a riot, then his value would rise considerably. Like, if he was in that N.O. trade, he would be putting up numbers with Zion out

Edited by Dominator83