NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there's two main reasons for this. 1) Vooch is above and beyond the Magic's best player. Having him on the floor takes a lot of pressure off of everybody else. Both defensive pressure/att

I’m not discounting that, my argument is you can get a semblance of that a round, two rounds, or three rounds later with guys who have a safer floor, bigger roles, and their own upside. - Oubre i

1 hour ago, pdids911 said:

can anyone speak to why isaac plays better with vuc as opposed to without? 

I think there's two main reasons for this.

1) Vooch is above and beyond the Magic's best player. Having him on the floor takes a lot of pressure off of everybody else. Both defensive pressure/attention and the pressure to create for oneself and others around them.

2) I think the bigger factor is Vucevic is literally the Magic's only play maker. Their point guards don't put guys in better positions. AG, Ross, and Fournier are black holes. I don't have statistics about Isaac's points off of other players assists, but I'd be comfortable betting Vuc is probably his highest shot creator.

I think this was evident right when Vuc went down (AG went down at the same time so that made matters slightly worse). Isaac seemed like he was forcing things trying to be the number one option. I just don't think he's ready for that quite yet. I think this season should be about him moving without the ball to score half of his points off of easy baskets created by others. And the other half of points should be him given a little bit of freedom to create. This would be an ideal balance in my mind to try and get him comfortable as more of a creator moving forward without sacrificing his contributions on offense completely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, FroButtons said:

I think there's two main reasons for this.

1) Vooch is above and beyond the Magic's best player. Having him on the floor takes a lot of pressure off of everybody else. Both defensive pressure/attention and the pressure to create for oneself and others around them.

2) I think the bigger factor is Vucevic is literally the Magic's only play maker. Their point guards don't put guys in better positions. AG, Ross, and Fournier are black holes. I don't have statistics about Isaac's points off of other players assists, but I'd be comfortable betting Vuc is probably his highest shot creator.

I think this was evident right when Vuc went down (AG went down at the same time so that made matters slightly worse). Isaac seemed like he was forcing things trying to be the number one option. I just don't think he's ready for that quite yet. I think this season should be about him moving without the ball to score half of his points off of easy baskets created by others. And the other half of points should be him given a little bit of freedom to create. This would be an ideal balance in my mind to try and get him comfortable as more of a creator moving forward without sacrificing his contributions on offense completely.

A+

Ankle was his previous issue and this guy suck at basketball. He’s an amazing defender and athlete. But he has absolutely 0 dribble. Jumper is inconsistent. Not aggressive and he does nothing offensively, but stand in the corner.  He’s just frustrating to watch. 

5 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

He's not an elite stealer though. His stock value derives more from his block potential. 

He’s been pretty good there though. 1.6 SPG in the past 14 days — that’ll keep you competitive.

• Like 1