NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there's two main reasons for this. 1) Vooch is above and beyond the Magic's best player. Having him on the floor takes a lot of pressure off of everybody else. Both defensive pressure/att

I’m not discounting that, my argument is you can get a semblance of that a round, two rounds, or three rounds later with guys who have a safer floor, bigger roles, and their own upside. - Oubre i

This just blows. I was so high on this kid, and he didn’t disappoint me, surpassed all my expectations. Feel bad that I have to cut him. Injuries always suck, but I really enjoyed watching this kid develop and play. He will be high on my draft list next year, but for now it’s farewell, sweet prince. ☹️

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Sorry, I meant out of the waiver wire guys. Gordon is definitely the biggest beneficiary of all.

Yeah, I figured you meant waiver guys, but I just don't like Ross since he's a low FG% guy and doesn't do too many other things.  Birch maybe?  Maybe they'll start playing Mo Bamba at the 5 and watch him get demolished in defense.  But build wise he's the most similar to Isaac.  Too bad he's not as mobile.  I'm thinking most reasonably on offense it's Khem/C, Vuc/PF, and on D it's Khem/PF, Vuc/C.  That at least means maybe Bamba will get more opportunities if his leg or whatever ever starts to feel less sore.

Its not just about replacing his stats(which is impossible to do). Each team should look at their cumulative stats cat by cat and deduct Isaac from those totals. With that out then assess where the team is in the league cat by cat. The obvious is to go get blocks and steals, yeah but the better move in some cases might be to pivot and go further into other cats. It depends on the team. It depends on the league. Either way, stop and think. Don't panic. And of course, good luck.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, csklmf said:

Is Terence Ross the grab now that Isaac is hurt?

Some people will bring up Isaac's low usage as a means to dissuade you from going in that direction. Those people forget that stats other than scoring are bound to go up when a player like Ross gets more burn...

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Some people will bring up Isaac's low usage as a means to dissuade you from going in that direction. Those people forget that stats other than scoring are bound to go up when a player like Ross gets more burn...

Clifford has been avoiding to play Ross big minutes though. He has been a steady 22-26 minute guy with playing time depending on good/bad shooting day. And Ross doesn't do anything else so what other stats can go up? Maybe he approaches last season's points, but he won't rebound or pass the ball anyway. It is not his game, when he touches it he shoots it.

23 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Clifford has been avoiding to play Ross big minutes though. He has been a steady 22-26 minute guy with playing time depending on good/bad shooting day. And Ross doesn't do anything else so what other stats can go up? Maybe he approaches last season's points, but he won't rebound or pass the ball anyway. It is not his game, when he touches it he shoots it.

Well if he gets a bump of 5MPG you could be looking at a +0.5 STL bump.

Also, do you have proof that the Magic are "avoiding" playing Ross more than 25MPG? I don't think he's on a minute restriction, I think its more a reflection of the roster they had.

Man shut up! All sentimental about Isaac's shiet.

What about top rounders who have sat out- KAT, Kawhi, Siakalm, Curry, Irving the list goes on and on.

I said shut up and deal with it like the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

What about top rounders who have sat out- KAT, Kawhi, Siakalm, Curry, Irving the list goes on and on.

The Internet. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Lol you need to chill bud..or just not read this thread.

Whatever works for you

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Z_D said:

Trade rumors for Drummond. In that case, Wood would be a decent solution. At least for rebounds and blocks

Agreed if you’ve just lost Isaac, Wood can save your season, particularly if you’re in a points league. In cats I believe Wood was at 1.0 bpa with the Pels last year when they gave him more burn. 

8 hours ago, ovofnd said:

Stop reviving this thread y’all. 

Every time I see it I get PTSD. Feels like a bad nightmare. Losing 1.6SPG 2.4BPG is an insurmountable loss.

Sad days 😢

**** happens. **** might happen to your opponents too.

I’m instantly going to lose stocks every week now. I’ve had Collins, Vucevic, Trae Young, Morant, and Booker all miss time, but this one strings the most. 

ANY chance he is evaluated in two weeks and is fine? 😩

Edited by BustHerPosey
7 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

I’m instantly going to lose stocks every week now. I’ve had Collins, Vucevic, Trae Young, Morant, and Booker all miss time, but this one strings the most. 

ANY chance he is evaluated in two weeks and is fine? 😩

Image result for no bugs bunny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1