NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

Classic Favors. Has a couple of good game, induces alot of interest, then will go out with back pain for a week and his first 2 games return will be "letting him in easy", where he averages 18 mins and drops 8pts/6boards/1blk lol. I've owned this guy time and time again. He's a solid player who can beast when healthy, but he's extremely fragile and simply not a legit fantasy player because of the random games he misses, and even half the games he plays, dude will get under 20 mins and be underwhelming. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ 😂😂 SMH. This is why you don't trust people who don't provide actual facts on this forum, people. Wonder how many noobs listened to this dude and did not grab Favors. 

Lmao. This dude. Honestly. 

13 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Classic Favors. Has a couple of good game, induces alot of interest, then will go out with back pain for a week and his first 2 games return will be "letting him in easy", where he averages 18 mins and drops 8pts/6boards/1blk lol. I've owned this guy time and time again. He's a solid player who can beast when healthy, but he's extremely fragile and simply not a legit fantasy player because of the random games he misses, and even half the games he plays, dude will get under 20 mins and be underwhelming. 

This is literally what will happen, I had him 2 years ago and the exact same s--- happened. Of course as soon as I got tempted into picking him up last week he got hurt smh.

Also every time he gets injured he ends up missing twice as many games as was initially predicted, he winds up being a game decision like 4 times in a row and missing the first 3.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JStyles said:

This is literally what will happen, I had him 2 years ago and the exact same s--- happened. Of course as soon as I got tempted into picking him up last week he got hurt smh.

Also every time he gets injured he ends up missing twice as many games as was initially predicted, he winds up being a game decision like 4 times in a row and missing the first 3.

EXACTLY! I knew for sure, after those 3 double doubles and a 20-20 game thrown in, the dry spell is soon to follow. Tune in possibly sometime next week where he plays 28 mins and goes for 18/13/2/1/2. Then plays 12 minutes next game 3pts/4reb and you're sitting there like ???

Just now, RLDN106 said:

What are we doing with this guy?

I snagged him off the wire in my shallow league when a disgruntled owner dropped him.

Josh Lloyd from Basketballmonster has him projected to finish top-60.

Dunno about everyone else, but I'm gonna pull up his game log and admire his 20/20 game until he comes back.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

What are we doing with this guy?

I snagged him off the wire in my shallow league when a disgruntled owner dropped him.

Josh Lloyd from Basketballmonster has him projected to finish top-60.

Contact year for him, I think he'll get it going.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:12 PM, BrewCityBBQ said:

To be honest, yes this sucks. But we all know what he's capable of when he plays. I'm holding for sure. I just dont know whats up with all these back spasms. Can we get these NBA players adequate beds to sleep on or massages? 

Favors has been having back spasms for the last few years. He's a fragile dude, has dem "old man" problems. Ricky Rubio and few other guys that can relate.

Word of real ADVICE here...

Hang onto Favors until he gets healthy. Wait for him to ball out....believe me, that eventual 24/12/3/2/2 game is COMING. He'll heat up for a few games and average 18/9/2/1/1. After those few games, TRADE HIM ASAP. Use lines such as this to help his value: 

Injuries suck but he has a clear path to 30+min a night once healthy on a contract year, he'll be fine

A sorry a** team will see his value, and trade for him. Don't be too greedy here, cuz this cycle is inevitable. He will get hurt, miss 3-5 games, come back on a "minutes restriction" or whatever, so it'll be another 1-2 mediocre sub 20min games.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Travis Burten said:

Word of real ADVICE here...

Hang onto Favors until he gets healthy. Wait for him to ball out....believe me, that eventual 24/12/3/2/2 game is COMING. He'll heat up for a few games and average 18/9/2/1/1. After those few games, TRADE HIM ASAP. Use lines such as this to help his value: 

45 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Dropped him for Holmes in my shallow league (still sitting on Lowry and now Vuc).Will try to scoop once he’s healthy.

Hope he can put it together this year, he’s in a nice situation.

See @Travis Burten, @RLDN106 is the type of person we want to target 😜 

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

8-man league my guy. Wouldn’t drop in anything higher (or if I didn’t have injuries).

Hope he heals up!

Haha all in good fun, but he's referring to your optimism and the age old "he's in a good situation" mantra that has kept Favors relevant for years. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Haha all in good fun, but he's referring to your optimism and the age old "he's in a good situation" mantra that has kept Favors relevant for years. 

I picked him up early off waivers for the first time last year and he provided me 76 games of top 75 value for free off the wire.

I picked him up off waivers last week and he immediately provided me with a 20-20 gem and top 50-75 upside ROS for free. I play in roto so it's no sweat to sit him on my bench while he's out a few games. If he's out for a long period, no sweat in dropping him either.

Not everyone has had a bad experience with Favors; mine has been quite pleasant.