Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook


kane
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

 

Haha all in good fun, but he's referring to your optimism and the age old "he's in a good situation" mantra that has kept Favors relevant for years. 

It’s tough, you look at his yearly per/game finishes on Basketballmonster and they’re very impressive.

If he could stay healthy he always looks like a lock to return great value - that just seems to be his issue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

Ah got it, you meant he can never stay healthy, excluding last two years where he's been healthy.  😂

Uh no. He’s played under 70 games in 5 of his 11 seasons. It’s looking like it’ll be 6 out of 12 after this year.

In the ones he’s been healthy he’s played quite well (and has been a lock for top-70).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've dropped in a 10 but will try and get him back off waivers (if he's still there) once he's healthy. I just don't believe in his health or consistency, plus the fact those big games came with the Pelicans so banged up. With Zion and Ingram healthy i don't like his ROS outlook anywhere near as much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JStyles said:

I've dropped in a 10 but will try and get him back off waivers (if he's still there) once he's healthy. I just don't believe in his health or consistency, plus the fact those big games came with the Pelicans so banged up. With Zion and Ingram healthy i don't like his ROS outlook anywhere near as much.

The thing is he only needs 20-25 min to be productive, there also gonna be extremely conservative regarding Zion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not worried about him producing - mostly worried about him staying healthy. Wonder if he'll be ready for this Wednesday's game. It looked like the Pelicans DESPERATELY needed his interior presence. Harrell DESTROYED them. 

 

At least with these back spasms, it gives him additional time to heal up the knee that's been bugging him. And I am sure he's predisposed to back spasms, but it shouldn't be anything that would be a foreseeable long-term injury. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it will be hard for him to have value...

- New team, new town: Don't underestimate the drastic chance in his life. Lived and played in Utah all of his career. It can be a hard adjustment switching scenery AND having completely new teammates and system around you.

- Does he get to eat? In Utah he did slid to be a role player with the talent around him and Gobert limiting his minutes. But is the situation any better in New Orleans? Holiday, Ingram and eventually Zion are very high usage guys and have more definitive role as future goes. Contract year and all is a motivator for Derrick, but still the opportunity to be better than in Utah just might not be there.

- Early season knee and back ailments to a player who has been very injury prone in his career and was on minutes limitations last few seasons. Not a good look at all.

- Passing of his mother. Sometimes we tend to forget these guys are human beings too, not just fantasy players who produce stats for us. For what I know his mother was very important to him and getting over this sad situation might not be easy at all. It could take months and even more to get back to being yourself. Off the court, but also on the court. If your mind is not on the task at hand you are not going to perform as good. Talking about revenge games for your late mother in situation like this is just bad taste.

I hope Favors finds peace with his situation and can accomplish enough this season to take care of himself and his family in the coming free agency. My thoughts and prayers are with you Derrick.

And I won't be picking you up from the waivers. Have all the time and space you need to get well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I think it will be hard for him to have value...

- New team, new town: Don't underestimate the drastic chance in his life. Lived and played in Utah all of his career. It can be a hard adjustment switching scenery AND having completely new teammates and system around you.

- Does he get to eat? In Utah he did slid to be a role player with the talent around him and Gobert limiting his minutes. But is the situation any better in New Orleans? Holiday, Ingram and eventually Zion are very high usage guys and have more definitive role as future goes. Contract year and all is a motivator for Derrick, but still the opportunity to be better than in Utah just might not be there.

- Early season knee and back ailments to a player who has been very injury prone in his career and was on minutes limitations last few seasons. Not a good look at all.

- Passing of his mother. Sometimes we tend to forget these guys are human beings too, not just fantasy players who produce stats for us. For what I know his mother was very important to him and getting over this sad situation might not be easy at all. It could take months and even more to get back to being yourself. Off the court, but also on the court. If your mind is not on the task at hand you are not going to perform as good. Talking about revenge games for your late mother in situation like this is just bad taste.

I hope Favors finds peace with his situation and can accomplish enough this season to take care of himself and his family in the coming free agency. My thoughts and prayers are with you Derrick.

And I won't be picking you up from the waivers. Have all the time and space you need to get well.

 

Man people went from drastically overrating him to drastically underrating him. No ones expecting Favors to be a 16-25 point scorer lol. His value comes from boards, FG% and stocks while being low turnover prone. The stocks is all on him, which he will produce. He will get 8-9 boards a game ( I mean the dude started the year injured and then went off for 3 straight double doubles which included a frickin 20 20 game).  Its not a stretch to see him average 12ppg 7.5 rpg 1.5 bpg like last year which is top 75 value. And even his "injury proness" is over stated. He has 8 seasons of playing 60+ games.... 6 of those seasons he played 70+ games. He had one season where he played 50 games. He's never played less then 60 games multiple times like beal or miss entire seasons like some superstars...and they're drafted. Dropping this guy is a mistake even if you over drafted him and not picking him up in 12 team leagues is also a mistake. BTW Rip to Favs mother. Take your time brotha.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I think it will be hard for him to have value...

- New team, new town: Don't underestimate the drastic chance in his life. Lived and played in Utah all of his career. It can be a hard adjustment switching scenery AND having completely new teammates and system around you.

- Does he get to eat? In Utah he did slid to be a role player with the talent around him and Gobert limiting his minutes. But is the situation any better in New Orleans? Holiday, Ingram and eventually Zion are very high usage guys and have more definitive role as future goes. Contract year and all is a motivator for Derrick, but still the opportunity to be better than in Utah just might not be there.

- Early season knee and back ailments to a player who has been very injury prone in his career and was on minutes limitations last few seasons. Not a good look at all.

- Passing of his mother. Sometimes we tend to forget these guys are human beings too, not just fantasy players who produce stats for us. For what I know his mother was very important to him and getting over this sad situation might not be easy at all. It could take months and even more to get back to being yourself. Off the court, but also on the court. If your mind is not on the task at hand you are not going to perform as good. Talking about revenge games for your late mother in situation like this is just bad taste.

I hope Favors finds peace with his situation and can accomplish enough this season to take care of himself and his family in the coming free agency. My thoughts and prayers are with you Derrick.

And I won't be picking you up from the waivers. Have all the time and space you need to get well.


In the last 3 games he had when healthy he averaged 14/14/3/1.3/1.  If you have someone on the waiver wire who has that potential right now let us know.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Kriggly said:


In the last 3 games he had when healthy he averaged 14/14/3/1.3/1.  If you have someone on the waiver wire who has that potential right now let us know.  

 

Um go pickup Marquise Chriss. Those Favors is like a 12/7 with like 2 stocks type player. Chriss can do that, and potentially more on the stocks end. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...