NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

Derrick Favors (personal) will miss his ninth consecutive game on Tuesday against the Mavericks.

Favors missed the first six games with back spasms, but he's been listed as out due to "personal reasons" over the past three. We have no idea what he's dealing with 

Whoever wrote this RW blurb should be fired. The explanation is right there in the previous blurb ffs. It's even more idiotic than the blurb about Dejounte Murray unfollowing the Spurs on instagram.

If they were both written by the same person then we are dealing with a moron of the highest order. 

Edited by Eltoro
  • Like 3
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ 😂😂 SMH. This is why you don't trust people who don't provide actual facts on this forum, people. Wonder how many noobs listened to this dude and did not grab Favors. 

Lmao. This dude. Honestly. 

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Whoever wrote this RW blurb should be fired. The explanation is right there in the previous blurb ffs. It's even more idiotic than the blurb about Dejounte Murray unfollowing the Spurs on instagram.

If they were both written by the same person then we are dealing with a moron of the highest order. 

hahah yeah. different people are writing it for sure. The past blurb said it was his mother passed away then now they didn't know what he is dealing. LOL

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I thought this part was just wtf.....you can tell this person is box score watching and hasn't kept up with Favors or the big man situation on the Pelicans.

"We have no idea what he's dealing with or when he'll be back, but he's been mostly bad this season"

Favors is the kind of guy you think oh he sucks, drops him and then ends up getting top 80 value anyway.  Just hold him.  Unless it's a 10 team league or less your waiver pickup is unlikely to sustain that kind of value since waiver guys are usually top 20 value for 2 games then 200 average for the rest of the season.  That said, I got him off waivers too so hard to say ha. 

2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Yep, so dumb and borderline irresponsible.  Drop a guy because his mother died?  If anything, this buys him more time to be even healthier and beasting when he finally does return.  I hope some dumb sheep in my leagues keep obeying these blurbs.  Get well Favors, wishing you the best both physically and emotionally dealing with this loss.

Favors mother recently passed away at the age of 55, so Favors is taking some time away from the team. Her funeral service was on Saturday in Atlanta, and while it's unclear exactly when he'll be back, the Pelicans will likely give him all the time he needs. It's probably safe to assume he won't play Thursday, which will mark his tenth consecutive game on the sidelines and likely result in another start for Jaxson Hayes.

Just picked this guy up after he was dropped couple of days ago. Don’t want him playing heavy minutes anyway. 25min is the most I hope he plays.

im in a productive points per minute league. So just need him to produce in the minutes he plays. 

5 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Bball players are human beings too. He was super tight with his mother. He won't be all there mentally, maybe not all season.

I’m hoping for IT2 magic. I remember him dropping 50 on his late sister’s bday. 

2 minutes ago, snerpy said:

I’m hoping for IT2 magic. I remember him dropping 50 on his late sister’s bday. 

That was playoffs of a competitive year. This is a tanking New Orleans team. Its not like he can dedicate the year to his mother given that this crappy NO team would be disrespectful to the memory of his mom 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook