NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ 😂😂 SMH. This is why you don't trust people who don't provide actual facts on this forum, people. Wonder how many noobs listened to this dude and did not grab Favors. 

Lmao. This dude. Honestly. 

2 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Sabonis is just a far better rebounder. The case with Favors is different because he's a good rebounder put in a position of being able to get less rebounds.

Yup.  Miles Turner is just not a good rebounder.  Maybe not strong enough base?  Who knows.  Favors though, he has the potential with the big rebounding games you see.  With him as the C, and short minutes, he gets to go all out getting rebounds which is better per minute wise.  He could have a career year rebounds wise and get close to 10 reb's a game.  I know it's not like he's all of a sudden Andre Drummond, but that's still a good return for a mid round guy. 

6 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Then how does Sabonis always seem to rebound a heck of a lot more than Turner when Turner is the C? Do they have Turner play PF on defense most of the time? 

Myles went to the Brook Lopez camp on how to learn to rebound.

• Haha 2

So...is it almost a given Favors will be traded? Last year of an expiring contract, on a team hovering at the bottom of the standings. He's experienced and can contribute double-doubles, stocks, and good screens. I imagine his current playing time also serves as a showcase for contenders out there who could benefit from him

Grief it feels good to have holding this guy pay off.  I don't know what the future holds between injury risk, trade possibility and potential youth movement, but as long as he gets his minutes like this he's semi studly across the stat sheet even in limited minutes.

3 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Only wish pelicans were in the playoff hunt. Obviously favors is better but might be good to try sell. I just dont see him getting a bunch of run year end. If traded to say charlotte or a team needy ctr that be even better

So many people dropped him. Rostering him off the wire is a steal.

2 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

So many people dropped him. Rostering him off the wire is a steal.

Myself included but luckily picked him back up. Hayes isnt ready for 30 mins a night and zion may have kids gloves this yr so there is path for 20 to 25 mins season long.

43 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Myself included but luckily picked him back up. Hayes isnt ready for 30 mins a night and zion may have kids gloves this yr so there is path for 20 to 25 mins season long.

Hayes only has athleticism going for him. He's not good at the pick and roll and he's not that great at finding the right places under the basket for putbacks and offensive boards. He has pretty bad hand-eye coordination and alertness in general and fumbles a lot of passes that should be easy buckets. Favors, on the other hand, is above average at everything, including finding the open man. Favors is a smart player and people that called him a bust or trash had clearly never watched Favors play. Beginning of the season, he looked clearly out of shape and gassed just from the way he would jog up and down the floor. Now he looks good, although he did seem pretty gassed today.

Overall Favors provides so much to the team, and I expect him to also find a better groove with Lonzo in PnRs. He was elite at PnRs with Ricky Rubio in Utah and has great footwork in the post if Gentry decides to slow the offense down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Waiting for that “sell high post” 👀

He was never a drop, and I even spent 42$ for him in my 16 team league when he was dropped, but selling high (not for anything below a top 60-70 value tho) isn't a bad idea imo.

Edited by fbbaddict