Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, fabrar said:

So glad I had faith in him. The talent and his contributions to winning basketball was never in question, his minutes just kept getting jerked about by gentry. 

To be fair, his minutes weren't really being jerked around, he was rounding back into form following injury and time off.  He never really had a preseason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ 😂😂 SMH. This is why you don't trust people who don't provide actual facts on this forum, people. Wonder how many noobs listened to this dude and did not grab Favors. 

Lmao. This dude. Honestly. 

Little breakdown summary I had from his reddit discussion post.

Injury Potential: Favors is often labelled as injury-prone.

  • Support: He only played 62 and 50 games in the 15-16, and 16-17 seasons, respectively. Plus his recent battle with injuries and his predisposition to have back spasms. He's also never played in a high-paced system like NO.

  • Opposition: He's played in 73+ games in 7 out of 10 years of his career. He played 76+ in his two most recent years. He had extended time to get over his recent knee issue that was bugging him.

Opportunity: will he will have good opportunity in New Orleans?

  • Support: The team looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with him on the court. He is their only true center that is able to handle big bodies. Jah sucks on defense. Hayes is promising, but gets bullied by larger centers. The NO subreddit is big on Favors right now and think he's the center by far moving forward this year. Additionally, his presence on the court will facilitate the development of the other younger players (Ingram, Hart, Ball --> especially PnR).

  • Opposition: This is looking like a lost season for NO (though NO are 4-1 when Favors plays 29+ minutes). They will decrease his minutes to develop Hayes (though I personally don't think he can handle big minutes against big centers). Favors is also an expiring (though they may want to play him to see if they want to resign him). Zion will come back, and its uncertain how much of Favors' usage he will take away.

Conclusion: I think Favors is in a really good spot right now, with a few question marks. A lot of people want to sell high on him after his last game. I don't think that's the right move. I think he will continue to improve in the next few weeks. When he starts to ramp up and really increase his value, that would be the moment to sell high. Sure, you're going to take a risk till then, but his value is way too low to sell high right now. Plus, I think his injury-prone label is blown way out of proportion.

 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Locked down Jokic last night (4/14 when guarded by Fave) and Pels defense has drastically improved since his return. In the last 5 games their defense has been ranked #1 in the league (per The Athletic).

Could’ve had a double-double but missed a couple of chippies. Good fantasy stats and also very good IRL. Great screens, boards, stocks, communication, and as we saw last night a very capable passer for a big. Makes the right reads (I love his handoffs to Redick for easy assists)

IMO his injury-probe label although somewhat unfair is also much justified. I’ve followed him and his injuries for years. He’s a big dude, and his previous injuries have become additional risk factors towards recurrence and new ones. I like the Pels’ plan of keeping him between 25-30. He’s not playing in long spans, only relatively short spurts, except when needed to close certain games. I hope this greatly minimizes injury risk 

I’m rooting for the Pels to keep winning and stay somewhat competitive. Personally I like the dude, so I’ll just hang onto him and enjoy the ride unless I get a great offer

 

Edited by hoop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

 

 

 

 

 

^^ 😂😂

SMH. This is why you don't trust people who don't provide actual facts on this forum, people. Wonder how many noobs listened to this dude and did not grab Favors. 

lol, too much time on your hands buddy. and no one is right 100% of the time, not even you and i already said he was starting to prove me wrong. 

I would also not be so quick to jump to conclusions, zion isnt even back yet, but you act like this season is done. calm down dude. ur post could age terribly still.

SMH, trying to **** on someone whose contributing to the forum. ppl who are paid on rotoworld are wrong ALL the time lol. get outta here choir boy

i was right on mitch rob, go call that out fajey

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

lol, too much time on your hands buddy. and no one is right 100% of the time, not even you and i already said he was starting to prove me wrong. 

I would also not be so quick to jump to conclusions, zion isnt even back yet, but you act like this season is done. calm down dude. ur post could age terribly still.

SMH, trying to **** on someone whose contributing to the forum. ppl who are paid on rotoworld are wrong ALL the time lol. get outta here choir boy

i was right on mitch rob, go call that out fajey

I think he did that because of how much you were going out of your way to rip Favors apart all season. The only time you should be ripping a player to that extreme is if you wasted a good pick on him (like Conley or someone).  And you mentioned that last year in Utah the only stat guy he had with him was D-Mitch? There was also a center there that is pretty damn good and gobbles up all the rebounds. 

 

But I will agree with you that the so called "experts" are wrong a lot. They hype up scrubs as "must own, go get him now" and at times downplay a legit breakout, acting like their big game is an abberation. Hell, during their draft special here, they said that Larry Nance is starting this year. Well, 10 weeks in I'm still waiting. Lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

I think he did that because of how much you were going out of your way to rip Favors apart all season. The only time you should be ripping a player to that extreme is if you wasted a good pick on him (like Conley or someone).  And you mentioned that last year in Utah the only stat guy he had with him was D-Mitch? There was also a center there that is pretty damn good and gobbles up all the rebounds. 

 

But I will agree with you that the so called "experts" are wrong a lot. They hype up scrubs as "must own, go get him now" and at times downplay a legit breakout, acting like their big game is an abberation. Hell, during their draft special here, they said that Larry Nance is starting this year. Well, 10 weeks in I'm still waiting. Lol

i wasnt going out of my way, i was clearly monitoring him as well lol like wth? and a good pick WAS wasted on him which i inherited because i traded for him early on. then had to drop his bum a**. then he came back and got hurt again and im riding the second wave which seems a lot more consisten this time. 

and ya, im not paid so sue me lol this guy acting like i told him tristan thompson would retain his early season stock averages. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

35 minutes?!!?!


Yeah, he is so important to the defense Gentry basically can’t take him out if the Pels have any chance of winning. Hayes only played 3 mins tonight. It’s actually a bit concerning that he is being replied on so much, between 25-30 mins should be his sweet spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he gets a good chance to keep playing since like others have said Hayes is too thin right now to start.  Him anchoring the team allows for a lot more defensive mistakes without demoralizing the team.  This allows the rest of the young core to grow in a more organic manner.  Zion though I'm afraid will take away some of the rebounds.  That or barrel into him and mess up his knee or something.  That dude is a hazard to himself and everyone in his way.  Kidding.  I love him and hope he comes back soon, just don't take away too many of favor fave's rebounds!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I think he gets a good chance to keep playing since like others have said Hayes is too thin right now to start.  Him anchoring the team allows for a lot more defensive mistakes without demoralizing the team.  This allows the rest of the young core to grow in a more organic manner.  Zion though I'm afraid will take away some of the rebounds.  That or barrel into him and mess up his knee or something.  That dude is a hazard to himself and everyone in his way.  Kidding.  I love him and hope he comes back soon, just don't take away too many of favor fave's rebounds!

 

Even if Zion comes back, he will be handled with kid gloves - load managed and minutes restricted for the ros. I wouldn't worry too much about how it will affect Favor's production, if anything lightening Derrick's load might help him stay healthy ros. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...