NBC Sports Edge Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Then lose in finals as Zion returns. Yeah 28 isn't over the hill but Favors feels like he's 40, I just can't invest in him and I don't think the pels will either. He'll be hot and cold just like usual. 

4 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Favors is the Pels future, don't worry the offense will eventually flow through him. And the minutes will naturally increase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ 😂😂 SMH. This is why you don't trust people who don't provide actual facts on this forum, people. Wonder how many noobs listened to this dude and did not grab Favors. 

Lmao. This dude. Honestly. 

24 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Favors is the Pels future, don't worry the offense will eventually flow through him. And the minutes will naturally increase. 

lmao is this a serious comment?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, fabrar said:

Foul trouble. I think he had 4 fouls pretty much halfway through the 2nd quarter and Gentry held him out after that. He was shaping up to have a nice line before that.

Also, he looked completely gassed. He had an amazing start with like 6 points and 5 rebound in 4 minutes, and immediately ran out of gas. He's clearly working on regaining his form after the injury, don't forget he barely played in preaseason. He needs a bit of time but he'll get there.

Anyone else considering dropping him? Yes its 1 game but gentry rolling out 12 man rotations already and the fact Melli played well might hurt Fav. Pels play Dallas and Houston back-to-back so i am not sure to drop him for PJ, Rui or Winslow, thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Anyone else considering dropping him? Yes its 1 game but gentry rolling out 12 man rotations already and the fact Melli played well might hurt Fav. Pels play Dallas and Houston back-to-back so i am not sure to drop him for PJ, Rui or Winslow, thoughts?

anyone considering droipping him after one game needs to reconsider

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Melli hurting Fav? Seriously man. You can do better than this.

Edited by doomz
Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

anyone considering droipping him after one game needs to reconsider

I will hold onto him for now. Pels have a back-to-back and I think he will get more game time. Was hurt in pre-season so he probably just isn't in top shape yet

• Like 1

I dropped.

For what the Pels have and what they look like, I don't know where he fits on the offense. Additionally, if Ingram handles the ball that much, it's definitely going to depress Favors' potential. I don't think there was a single PnR where Ingram even imagined he'd pass it off. Esp. Not to Favors.

21 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I dropped.

For what the Pels have and what they look like, I don't know where he fits on the offense. Additionally, if Ingram handles the ball that much, it's definitely going to depress Favors' potential. I don't think there was a single PnR where Ingram even imagined he'd pass it off. Esp. Not to Favors.

if he gets 20ish mins which he did last year he was still top 90.... so....

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I dropped.

6 points and 5 rebound in 4 minutes with no preseason action, not fully fit and plus got into foul trouble. Not a drop at least yet...

• Like 1

Yikes, terrible start to the season. Very tempted to drop him so I can have a streaming spot but l’ll give him one more week unless there’s a very hot waiver pickup in the next few days or so. No blocks in the past two games...

5 hours ago, m1dday said:

Yikes, terrible start to the season. Very tempted to drop him so I can have a streaming spot but l’ll give him one more week unless there’s a very hot waiver pickup in the next few days or so. No blocks in the past two games...

Having the same thoughts. Debating to drop him for PJ Washington or Miles Bridges. Would you?

1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

Having the same thoughts. Debating to drop him for PJ Washington or Miles Bridges. Would you?

AC Forum

On topic - the low minutes are definitely concerning. Pels love to play at a fast pace running all the time and so far favors is not really fitting in well with that style. He needs to up his conditioning and keep up with these young bucks or I'm afraid that he's going to continue losing minutes. Gonna give him another week or so and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

well if hes 8 team you have far better otpions, I don't have great options, dedmon is available, but his minutes are spotty too in my 12 teamer. 

Was thinking Dedmon too but Sacramento is always weird with rotations. I suggest Tristan Thompson is he is available or Zeller

• tonycpsu changed the title to Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook