NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

kane

If this guy becomes relevant this year (and that is looking like a big IF at this point), it is going to take a while to get his conditioning up after playing no pre-season and missing the start of the year. I can't imagine it has helped to get him used to the Pelicans system either. Luckily I got him into my IR spot, so he can sit there for the week. But I am not looking forward to activating him next week at this pace. 

40 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

If this guy becomes relevant this year (and that is looking like a big IF at this point), it is going to take a while to get his conditioning up after playing no pre-season and missing the start of the year. I can't imagine it has helped to get him used to the Pelicans system either. Luckily I got him into my IR spot, so he can sit there for the week. But I am not looking forward to activating him next week at this pace. 

I picked him up and put him on my IL. He didn't do anything today and only palyed 8 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, hoop said:

Did anyone see how he looked in-game? I tuned in to the second half, but by then his 8 minutes was already done... lol

Curious if he looks hampered by injury and/or poor conditioning

Can't tell if it is injury or conditioning, I am guessing both. But he was barely moving. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lob City99 said:

Anyone holding in a 12 Man League?

Not if there's anyone remotely interesting on the wire. I'd even drop him for Troy Brown at this point. 

There are guys I'd hold him over though. At the top of my Winners League wire is Clarkson, JaMychal, & Dieng. I'd hold Favors over those guys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

Not if there's anyone remotely interesting on the wire. I'd even drop him for Troy Brown at this point. 

There are guys I'd hold him over though. At the top of my Winners League wire is Clarkson, JaMychal, & Dieng. I'd hold Favors over those guys. 

Top of my wire right now is Tucker, Beverkey, & Huerter. Hot adds - Bowman & D.Robinson

On 11/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, s-kayos said:

I dropped him for Brown myself.

Favors moving well. Nobody passing to him tho. Twice he was open on the baseline but Ingram looks him off to shoot a contested turn around fadeaway. Pelican offense looks like a hot mess.  Ingram a ball hog. Hart ball hog. Favors has position down low but no entry pass. Even Reddick getting looked off. Smh.

• Thanks 3

• tonycpsu changed the title to Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook