Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Auden Tate 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, when he was being pressured he would specifically be looking for the huge target. The same when they were in the redzone. He really seems to love that dude. He was actively looking for Boyd, but

Roto Blurb Special! "The sub-par second-year athlete would be listed above Golden if A.J. Green ("ankle") were officially ruled out beyond Week 10."

The “it’s happening” GIF coming out for this year just tells you how bad this fantasy season has been so far for some.   including me 

8 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He would be the number 2 option in a passing offense with Kirk and Byrd out for the cards so yes

 

No3 WR option, right? 

Edited by Flyman75
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He would be the number 2 option in a passing offense with Kirk and Byrd out for the cards so yes

 

KeeSean Johnson is actually filling the Kirk role in the offense - he's the kid to snag from 'Zona. 

 

Tate is a great plug n' play this week ... Cards are leaky. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He would be the number 2 option in a passing offense with Kirk and Byrd out for the cards so yes

 

I'm not sure where you're getting that he'll be the no2 option for Arizona. Fitz, DJ, and KJ are going to be options in the passing game ahead of Sherfield. And you said "in a passing offense". Well, Murray has only attempted 3 more passes than Dalton, and Dalton is averaging 20 ypg more than Murray and has thrown one more TD than Murray. So, you'd take Sherfield, who is shaping up to be the 4th option in Arizona and has 4 targets all season...over Tate who is legitimately the 2nd option in Cincy right now (and for at least a few weeks) and has 16 targets the last two weeks? Especially considering Cincy is every bit the passing offense Arizona is? 

Maybe you'll end up being right, but I just don't see the logic right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I'm not sure where you're getting that he'll be the no2 option for Arizona. Fitz, DJ, and KJ are going to be options in the passing game ahead of Sherfield. And you said "in a passing offense". Well, Murray has only attempted 3 more passes than Dalton, and Dalton is averaging 20 ypg more than Murray and has thrown one more TD than Murray. So, you'd take Sherfield, who is shaping up to be the 4th option in Arizona and has 4 targets all season...over Tate who is legitimately the 2nd option in Cincy right now (and for at least a few weeks) and has 16 targets the last two weeks? Especially considering Cincy is every bit the passing offense Arizona is? 

Maybe you'll end up being right, but I just don't see the logic right now. 

Well it’s just my opinion since Kyler is my Qb and I follow the Cards offense. The bengals can’t protect Dalton rn

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

Well it’s just my opinion since Kyler is my Qb and I follow the Cards offense. The bengals can’t protect Dalton rn

 

I have neither, so I hope it works out for everyone involved...unless I have an opponent this week who picks up and starts one or both, lol. 

And yes, the Bengals are having OL problems...but Dalton has still gotten off almost as many passes as Murray and has more yards and one more TD despite that. And since you brought up protection, I'll throw one more stat out there...Dalton has been sacked 19 times this season; Murray has been sacked 20 times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what his coach had to say about him last week . .. .

 

“Auden had a really good training camp, and then he got hurt. Where Auden has been consistent is he’s got aggressive hands and he’s tough. Those are two traits that you love and can find a role for. He’s physical in the run game. He looks like a tight end playing receiver, and he’s a guy there’s a role for in this offense. When his number has been called, he’s produced for us. He has a great catch radius, and he catches the ones you throw to him. I felt like he deserved an opportunity.”

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go...  Hopefully he takes advantage of his first start.  I know Dalton isn't the greatest and their offensive line stinks, but there's plenty of opportunity here for Tate to have a sneaky good game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Dropped a TD early, then came back late with a TD, meh bye week guy maybe or desperation flex in PPR

 

He is a matchup play only.  The following need to be in place to start him -

1.  Bad opponent defense

2.  Lockdown corner on Boyd.  Boyd still went off but Tate got decent targets

3.  No Ross or AJ Green

Even then, you're hoping for a touchdown because Tate doesn't look like he will have any big yardage games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...