Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Just now, Eltoro said:

Yeah the fact that there is still no hard return date is disappointing. Like if they reevaluate him and say his conditioning isn't there or some other BS then they could easily tank it out the rest of the way. 

I'm a Warrior fan, so I'm totally all for him sitting out for the tank, but also, as a fantasy player, I can't see how they justify sitting him out due to conditioning. Other BS like they find a setback on his thumb or something, sure, but there's no way they can plausibly say he's gonna sit out cause of conditioning....right...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amen. People forget that for ~20 years prior to the juggernaut squad, we were one of the worst franchises in all of sports. "HoW ArE wArRiOrS faNs GoNnA hAnDlE loSiNg" MFer, I sat throu

He blew a 3-1 return date.........get it....

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, theantishere said:

I'm a Warrior fan, so I'm totally all for him sitting out for the tank, but also, as a fantasy player, I can't see how they justify sitting him out due to conditioning. Other BS like they find a setback on his thumb or something, sure, but there's no way they can plausibly say he's gonna sit out cause of conditioning....right...?

You'd think not, but then again Brooklyn sat LeVert for conditioning reasons when he came back from his thumb injury... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was some disheartening news. I can't even ascertain whether I should risk holding him for a month just to find out he won't play. He'd only play 22 games if the March 1 return date was real. This news makes it seem like he'd come back even later. Would the Warriors even want him to play?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

This was some disheartening news. I can't even ascertain whether I should risk holding him for a month just to find out he won't play. He'd only play 22 games if the March 1 return date was real. This news makes it seem like he'd come back even later. Would the Warriors even want him to play?

It all comes down to a few factors. Are you locked into playoffs? Do you have an IR spot? If you answered yes to any of these then you hold. Having him will make a difference in playoff time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

This was some disheartening news. I can't even ascertain whether I should risk holding him for a month just to find out he won't play. He'd only play 22 games if the March 1 return date was real. This news makes it seem like he'd come back even later. Would the Warriors even want him to play?

I think they want to see what kind of chemistry DLo has with him to better assess what they're gonna do in the off-season. I think the real question is how many wins they have when he's ready to roll and more or less "timing" when he gets back so he doesn't accidentally will them to too many wins. As a Warrior fan and Curry owner, I'm gonna be rooting hard for Warrior losses as well as wins from teams like the Hawks, Cavs, Knicks, etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The one year I draft Curry for the first time. He gets hurt right when the season starts. My team is losing every week in all the categories I drafted Curry for. It's so frustrating. He's making me not wanna ever draft him again. Watch him bounce back next season smh. I'm counting down the days until March. 

I know everyone in here that drafted him gotta be fighting battles from the get go without one of their best players. Hopefully everyone is still afloat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow just nabbed him off waivers.

Pretty excited.

I think he will play sometime in March - whether it's March 1 I'm not too sure, but both Kerr and Curry himself have gone on record saying that he will play this season. I'm pretty sure if they wanted to rest him they would've came up with some bs excuse to sit him out a la Timberwolves. But from the looks of it he's looking good and healthy, and I really do feel he'll come back in the early part of the month. Just in time for fantasy playoffs.

 

Edited by Espoiral
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jrmintz said:

It all comes down to a few factors. Are you locked into playoffs? Do you have an IR spot? If you answered yes to any of these then you hold. Having him will make a difference in playoff time. 

I'm locked but I don't have an IR. So holding a potentially empty spot is maddening. But if he does come back...my team will be too much to handle. What a dilemma

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

I'm locked but I don't have an IR. So holding a potentially empty spot is maddening. But if he does come back...my team will be too much to handle. What a dilemma

If you are locked in then you have the luxury to be in a great position. You are holding a wild card that can guarantee your championship season. Little risk for you at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

One of the motivations to play Curry late in the season is to see how he and D'Lo will mesh together. Now that D'Lo was traded to the TWolves, what now... 😐

See how he meshes with Wiggins?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed a lot this year where these injury reports/updates are very reserved about a players progess in terms of when they return. It's probably to save face in case these players have setbacks. I think as long as he's on track we'll see him come March 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McWinface said:

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty dependent on him coming back to make the playoffs, which means I'm probably not going to make the cut. I'm getting my brains beat in this week, just like last week...

 

Got a few more weeks to turn it around

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McWinface said:

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty dependent on him coming back to make the playoffs, which means I'm probably not going to make the cut. I'm getting my brains beat in this week, just like last week...

I'll probably make the playoffs but I'm definitely getting bounced in the first round if he doesn't come back lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I'll probably make the playoffs but I'm definitely getting bounced in the first round if he doesn't come back lol 

 

Just accepted a trade for this guy because of the recent news. Sitting comfortably in a playoff spot but if he doesn't come back in time it's all downhill for me lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...