NBC Sports Edge Forums

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So close to a double-double! Not that it matters, though, as he's still 6 minutes short of being remotely rosterable.

But ppl were trynna tell me that he’s not rosterable unless he gets 35 minutes ... fuk outta here 

Inching close to top 100 value, and in the right lineup, he already has that kind of value.  He is a valuable source of assists and has shown consistent improvement over the course of the season.

1 minute ago, ThisIsSparta said:

How does this help Fultz?

The Los Angeles Lakers have inquired about the Orlando Magic's D.J. Augustin as they look to acquire a veteran backup playmaker via the trade market in the coming weeks.

(per. Sean Deveney of Heavy.com)

DJA doesn’t really get in Fultz’s way. 

Fultz has the minutes — his game just isn’t translating to top 70 fantasy production this year. Needs more 3s, consistently 1.5SPG+ and better FT/FTA to really make a dent.

Let’s calm down folks, it’s just one game against the Nets . Most of that line was scoring , something he just doesn’t do too well or often. But Isaac not playing is definitely a positive for him, however you want to slice it. Even tho he was a low usage player, those opportunities still trickle down to the remaining starters. 

Agree with all 3 previous posts before stay_woke's post. Had him for some time because I liked his upside in steals and he had great %s at the time (high FG% and 80% FT). Watch enough of his clips to know that he's not that great of a scorer and won't provide much 3s. Rebounds are low, %s have dropped, assist is ok. If he can bring his steals back up to 1.5 a game, he'll return late round value. Great streamer or one of your end of bench guys. Hoping for the best, but there's so many other hot streamers out recently.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He had a 16-4-8-2 game less than a week ago, but yes you're right only one good game. I'll wait till he strings together 15 great games in a row before considering picking him up

Huh??

december 28th: 4/3/6

December 30th: 3/7/5

January 1st: 16/4/8

January 3rd: 6/1/3

January 4th: 6/3/7

Rank the Last 2 weeks: 217

Rank the Last Month: 232

Rank for the Season: 189

What are you in a 20 man league? 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Huh??

december 28th: 4/3/6

December 30th: 3/7/5

January 1st: 16/4/8

January 3rd: 6/1/3

January 4th: 6/3/7

Rank the Last 2 weeks: 217

Rank the Last Month: 232

Rank for the Season: 189

What are you in a 20 man league? 

Lmao he had 6 steals in that game, stop with the cherry picked stats. If a 6 steal game is a bad game for you then youre probably in a 4-team league. Fact is he's had good games 3 out of the last 4 and one of their key players just got injured for essentially the whole season. (yes I know his usage wasnt that high but it's still 10 shots a game and extra rebounds to be had)

Just now, stay_woke said:

Lmao he had 6 steals in that game, stop with the cherry picked stats. If a 6 steal game is a bad game for you then youre probably in a 4-team league. Fact is he's had good games 3 out of the last 4 and one of their key players just got injured for essentially the whole season. (yes I know his usage wasnt that high but it's still 10 shots a game and extra rebounds to be had)

How am I cherry picking stats? He was ranked 217 in the last two weeks! The 6 steals was anomaly of course because he is averaging one steal a game. Yes he had 6 steals, that’s like saying if Rondo had a 17 assist game. It’s an anomaly, he doesn’t do that everyday.

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

How am I cherry picking stats? He was ranked 217 in the last two weeks! The 6 steals was anomaly of course because he is averaging one steal a game. Yes he had 6 steals, that’s like saying if Rondo had a 17 assist game. It’s an anomaly, he doesn’t do that everyday.

You're posting his points and rebounds when everyone should know by now his value comes from assists and steals without hurting you in percentages or turnovers. And idk what site you're getting your rankings from but BBM has him 170 on the season, 168 this past month, and 56 this week. Go ahead and leave him on your wire but I like my end of bench guys to be upside plays.

• Like 1

Lol, I had Fultz in my competitive 9-cat 12-teamer and dropped him last week for Melton. He’s still available - no one in my league is touching him.

He’s maybe a borderline 12-teamer but there’s likely folks with much better upside available. I know the freak scoring today is tempting, but avoid if you can tbh, cause his last 2 week’s stats are very telling. He’s really only helping you in 2 categories (asts and stls, and he’s not a HUGE boost in either to be worth the damage he does on your other categories).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

You're posting his points and rebounds when everyone should know by now his value comes from assists and steals without hurting you in percentages or turnovers. And idk what site you're getting your rankings from but BBM has him 170 on the season, 168 this past month, and 56 this week. Go ahead and leave him on your wire but I like my end of bench guys to be upside plays.

Dude, have you even seen his stats?

Last month, he’s ranked 232 (avg 9-cat), with 39% FG, 67% FT. Even his value cats (5.5 Ast and 1.2 stls aren’t exactly great). Not sure if you’re related to him or got him in a trade and this is some sort of self justification for you, but he’s been bad, man.

Accept it and move on. If you need advice on who to pick instead, we’re here to help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Last month, he’s ranked 232 (avg 9-cat), with 39% FG, 67% FT. Even his value cats (5.5 Ast and 1.2 stls aren’t exactly great). Not sure if you’re related to him or got him in a trade and this is some sort of self justification for you, but he’s been bad, man.

Accept it and move on. If you need advice on who to pick instead, we’re here to help. 

Preach brother .. apparently stay woke , is not woke at all . 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 8:11 PM, Apollo_87 said:

If you need advice on who to pick up, let me know I'm here to help

On 1/6/2020 at 8:23 PM, RunCMC said:

Preach brother .. apparently stay woke , is not woke at all . 

Honestly respected you as a poster here and on the football forum, but this was a clown post. Good luck with your season anyways

The Fultz breakout is happening fellas, hope you all grabbed him while he was free.

Edited by stay_woke
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

If you need advice on who to pick up, let me know I'm here to help

Honestly respected you as a poster here and on the football forum, but this was a clown post. Good luck with your season anyways

The Fultz breakout is happening fellas, hope you all grabbed him while he was free.

Good for you , you can quote someone after Fultz has his second career triple double, shows how much of a clown you really are. And I have no qualms with being wrong , if that’s the case. He stepped it up alot these past couple weeks. He was extremely bad prior to that . And Augstin was out today , so just chill out . 

I understand it’s fantasy but people need to be careful when they label players as trash and garbage. Some players don’t play on the worst teams in the league and actually have to play within a system, they can’t just stat pad while losing every game. So calling a guy like Fultz trash when he’s managed to put up these numbers playing with ball hogs like Gordon and Fournier, doesn’t make any sense. Most people who have been holding Fultz don’t care about 3 pointers. I’m punting 3 and have been happy with this waiver wire pick up. If you ignore his lack of 3 pointers, his value sky rockets but I don’t know anyone who picked up Fultz expecting 3s. 
See a lot of guys who are high on Huerters being snarky to other posters on here. But who has been the more consistent assist and steals guy over the course of the season? Those other categories, I’d rather just stream for. 
You can downplay Fultz value, but the people holding him are happy and understand what he brings to the table. He has better long term value than a lot of higher ranked PG. Have fun with Huerter when he sprains his knee or ankle and loses you your match up. Players like that I will never look to because they aren’t tough and when their team ends up playing for nothing come fantasy playoffs, they take games off. I’d rather stream. One guy in here says 6 steals is an anomaly and then he has 4 steals 2 games later and he’s ranked top 25 in total steals and top 30 in assists over the course of the season and he’s only getting better if you actually watch him play and not just the boxscore, even if he has some nights were the stats aren’t there. If Fultz played on a team where he could get more usage he’d be putting up triple doubles regularly. But he’s not at that stage in his career where he can waive off selfish vets. He’s being held back a lot by his teammates. Several plays he doesn’t even get to dribble the ball and set anything up. He just dribbles it down half and hands it off to Fournier.
That’s on the coach, he needs to run more plays where Fultz can be aggressive in the ball. Magic will probably get more wins as a result too. Fultz can be unguardable at times off the dribble. 

Edited by 7614
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, 7614 said:

I understand it’s fantasy but people need to be careful when they label players as trash and garbage. Some players don’t play on the worst teams in the league and actually have to play within a system, they can’t just stat pad while losing every game. So calling a guy like Fultz trash when he’s managed to put up these numbers playing with ball hogs like Gordon and Fournier, doesn’t make any sense. Most people who have been holding Fultz don’t care about 3 pointers. I’m punting 3 and have been happy with this waiver wire pick up. If you ignore his lack of 3 pointers, his value sky rockets but I don’t know anyone who picked up Fultz expecting 3s. 
See a lot of guys who are high on Huerters being snarky to other posters on here. But who has been the more consistent assist and steals guy over the course of the season? Those other categories, I’d rather just stream for. 
You can downplay Fultz value, but the people holding him are happy and understand what he brings to the table. He has better long term value than a lot of higher ranked PG. Have fun with Huerter when he sprains his knee or ankle and loses you your match up. Players like that I will never look to because they aren’t tough and when their team ends up playing for nothing come fantasy playoffs, they take games off. I’d rather stream. One guy in here says 6 steals is an anomaly and then he has 4 steals 2 games later and he’s ranked top 25 in total steals and top 30 in assists over the course of the season and he’s only getting better if you actually watch him play and not just the boxscore, even if he has some nights were the stats aren’t there. If Fultz played on a team where he could get more usage he’d be putting up triple doubles regularly. But he’s not at that stage in his career where he can waive off selfish vets. He’s being held back a lot by his teammates. Several plays he doesn’t even get to dribble the ball and set anything up. He just dribbles it down half and hands it off to Fournier.
That’s on the coach, he needs to run more plays where Fultz can be aggressive in the ball. Magic will probably get more wins as a result too. Fultz can be unguardable at times off the dribble. 

good post. he could have some mcw popcorn games if his usage was up. that would be a nice but im content with what he offers.