NBC Sports Edge Forums

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So close to a double-double! Not that it matters, though, as he's still 6 minutes short of being remotely rosterable.

But ppl were trynna tell me that he’s not rosterable unless he gets 35 minutes ... fuk outta here 

Inching close to top 100 value, and in the right lineup, he already has that kind of value.  He is a valuable source of assists and has shown consistent improvement over the course of the season.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, BustHerPosey said:

If he was getting 35 minutes a game, I think he could be roster-able. Maybe 2nd half. DJ is digging into his value too much 

--

On 11/30/2019 at 12:52 PM, Flamez said:

Dawg you on crack or are you just stupid ? 

On 12/1/2019 at 5:22 PM, brickcitymamba said:

So close to a double-double! Not that it matters, though, as he's still 6 minutes short of being remotely rosterable.

1 hour ago, Flamez said:

But ppl were trynna tell me that he’s not rosterable unless he gets 35 minutes ... fuk outta here 

Can we meme this and post it everytime Fultz has a good game? 🤣

• Haha 5

Must start going forward ... he’s got the minutes locked up, and he’s taking control of that offense.

Im proud of the kid. All he needs is more confidence. He’s got the edge in athleticism almost every night at the PG position.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ray Barboni said:

Must start going forward ... he’s got the minutes locked up, and he’s taking control of that offense.

Im proud of the kid. All he needs is more confidence. He’s got the edge in athleticism almost every night at the PG position.

Matchup was against Washington Generals tho, but yeah his minutes are rising.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Matchup was against Washington Generals tho, but yeah his minutes are rising.

He’s been solid for the past 2.5 weeks. 

it’s obvious his game is growing, and he’s starting to take control of the offense

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yea but still needs to work on his outside shot and FTs

78% ? Up from like 50% last 2 seaons.. he worked on it. His range will expand as his confidence rises.. doesnt really need the 3 ball if hes shooting 50% from the field

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yea but still needs to work on his outside shot and FTs

lol ok ...

dude is my 3rd, maybe even my 5th pg depending on the night. Which I’m sure MOST teams have him in the same slot.

So you’re that guy that picks nicks about outside shots and FT from what should be your 3rd, 4th, 5th PG? 

or maybe you’re just that internet guy that likes to disagree with everything. Can’t enjoy when good things are happening? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

lol ok ...

dude is my 3rd, maybe even my 5th pg depending on the night. Which I’m sure MOST teams have him in the same slot.

So you’re that guy that picks nicks about outside shots and FT from what should be your 3rd, 4th, 5th PG? 

or maybe you’re just that internet guy that likes to disagree with everything. Can’t enjoy when good things are happening? 

lol i want nothing but the best for Fultz as the #1 pick, just stating the weakness of his game which will hinder him from getting above the top 100. But u right he's been very serviceable as the 4th-5th guard. He was done dirty by the Sixers imo and how they handled his shoulder injury and how they messed with his shot.

• Like 1

Easily one of my favorite pickups so far. Love how he has been consistent ever since, even with a healthy lineup. Loving the fantasy friendly stats, minus the lack of threes, but who's to complain? It looks like he's becoming better each game too. What makes me admire him more is his comeback story. There is always this emotional connection whenever he plays. It would mean the world to him (and to his savvy fantasy owners) if the Magic reaches the playoffs.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

What makes me admire him more is his comeback story. There is always this emotional connection whenever he plays. It would mean the world to him (and to his savvy fantasy owners) if the Magic reaches the playoffs.

Yep, the narrative definitely adds something. I think he's one of the few players who I've owned at least somewhere in all my 3 years of fantasy, so it creates a certain sort of affiliation

Hope he does well this year.  Imagine if he ever fixes that shoulder.  He'd be an all star easily in a couple of years.  Either way he is a serviceable starter already with the magic.  I think the sixers imagined him fitting next to Simmons with his nice outside shot, but you can't have two non shooters on the floor NBA defenses would have a field day. 

1 hour ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Easily one of my favorite pickups so far. Love how he has been consistent ever since, even with a healthy lineup. Loving the fantasy friendly stats, minus the lack of threes, but who's to complain? It looks like he's becoming better each game too. What makes me admire him more is his comeback story. There is always this emotional connection whenever he plays. It would mean the world to him (and to his savvy fantasy owners) if the Magic reaches the playoffs.

I definitely feel an emotional connection lol. Hated how he was getting s**t on all of last year through no fault of his own and everyone pretty much wrote him off. Now he's showing that he's got the talent to go along with the initial hype and is building himself back up. I grabbed him after the first couple of good games a month or so ago and it's really satisfying to see him get better every game. He passes the eye test too, and is looking really good out there running the offense. 

I have Hayward on my squad too and I'm loving these dudes having their bounce back years.

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 1

hate to post his as players improve overnight but this has to hold some value in some type situation

from the limited action I have viewed its a complete different player atleast driving and getting to the bucket. video is still awful and something I have never seen 

jo val taking that airball like it would go in ha

Edited by colepenhagen
On 11/30/2019 at 9:35 AM, CharlesCC2 said:

Although they did play the Raptors, fans are complaining that their offense looks mind bogglingly bad.  They lack creators and shooters, and while Fultz can create it seems like he can't do it well enough to compensate for the lack of offense on that team.

Love his come back story but I'm starting to cool on his upside at this point.  The steals are cool but I don't think he'll be an asset for much else at this point sadly.  Might be the next drop off my roster after holding him for the last month.

Hope nobody paid any attention to this.  It would've been a travesty for me to drop him after holding for the last month.  The offense may not be very good overall, but with Fultz looking to be a changed man from last season who knows what his ceiling is.  It's really night and day with him right now with that jump shot and consequently his confidence.

Just imagine if this guy starts getting comfortable from the three (which he's at least making from time to time).  I love that right now he seems to know his spots and range and is thus fairly consistent with his FG%.  Hopefully he only continues to improve and isn't feeling the pressure he had on him in Philly.