NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Bacon 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get some glassses. Racking up dimes, rebounds, and getting to the line. The "just a scorer" he's been branded with is utterly ridiculous. He'll be rostered in every 12 team league. Keep sleeping.

For now he's Baconbits.

12 hours ago, phantomfred said:

Big fan of this guy. Everything I read says he’s a 2 way player. Shud avg a 3 per game with 1 steal and good ft%. Grabbing em in the last rd of my 14 rd $ drafts

Right now none of us can be confident in a steal per, this guy has horrendous steal rates in the NBA. This preseason he’s had 0 steals, it’s the same issue as last year, he would be a way sexier sleeper if he could even get 1 per, it’s what kills his value.

He’s a cheap points threes and FT guy off the wire with occasional dime games, I personally put him in my desperation sleeper category, there are so many pickups available currently that he’s on the lower end of the totem pole.

He faced a really bad Bulls team, teams are going to eat against the Bulls and Wizards this year, as well as Charlotte. It is completely foreseeable that he goes another 10 games without a steal, that's just how it is, but he's definitely worth a flier for scoring and 3's. 

The intriguing stat to me is the 21 shot attempts. I checked the game log, six of those misses were three point attempts. He could’ve had high points if even three of those went in.

You guys think he’ll have the green light to fire away like this on a consistent basis? If so, I’m grabbing him ASAP. PJ had 17 shot attempts.

12 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

The intriguing stat to me is the 21 shot attempts. I checked the game log, six of those misses were three point attempts. He could’ve had high points if even three of those went in.

You guys think he’ll have the green light to fire away like this on a consistent basis? If so, I’m grabbing him ASAP. PJ had 17 shot attempts.

He shot a tasty 43.7% from deep last season. On low volume, sure, but he seems to be one of their most reliable options there which suddenly makes him a high-volume candidate. Tempted to grab him but he absolutely needs heavy usage to be useful.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Dwayne Bacon 2019-2020 Outlook