NBC Sports Edge Forums

WHIR: Was offered Davante Adams for Godwin and Gallman (Full PPR)

So I was just offered Davante Adams for Chris Godwin and Wayne Gallman in a full PPR league. Should I accept? My team is below. The Adams owner is really pissed I was able to negotiate this offer because Adams will be out 2 weeks tops, but the owner is 0-4 and with Adams not playing he could wind up 0-6 and eliminated from playoffs by the time Adams is back. I realize I'm thin at RB and WR, but FA is barren and Gallman does have an expiration date.

QB: Lamar, Allen

RB: Barkley (IR), McCoy, Gallman, Michel, Tevin Coleman, Mattison

WR: Evans, Godwin, John Brown, Hardman, Robby Anderson

TE: Kittle

6 minutes ago, seedawg said:

I would do it. I don't like the idea of starting both Evans and Godwin  

I don't mind it because I think they are both 1,000 yard receivers and have great seasons. However, it works against me more weeks than not because they likely both won't hit during the same week. Diversifying shares at a position just seems smarter.

Edited by CamNewton

This is close but I would stick it out. I dont think Adams is as big of an upgrade over Godwin as one may think. Godwin is a monster this year and should be looked at as a WR1 moving forward. Having Evans / Godwin is kind of tough to have but it isn't as big of a problem than getting rid of Gallman who then would make you start McCoy and Michel every week until Barkley is back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Ry34No said:

This is close but I would stick it out. I dont think Adams is as big of an upgrade over Godwin as one may think. Godwin is a monster this year and should be looked at as a WR1 moving forward. Having Evans / Godwin is kind of tough to have but it isn't as big of a problem than getting rid of Gallman who then would make you start McCoy and Michel every week until Barkley is back. 

I have Coleman who's coming back as well.

I would stay put. It's not worth giving up Godwin, who's beasting this season, or a valuable short-term handcuff like Gallman. Also, I think the Bucs offense is going to be more explosive than Packers, and the Bucs will be in more shootouts, whereas Packers will have some purely defensive games with limited offense.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy
  • Thanks 1

I want to say yes you should do it, but I think you may find yourself in trouble if you do. Davante Adams, was a struggling buy low opportunity, prior to his 10 catch 180 yard game where he came down with the turf toe. If you’re doing this trade, you’re counting on more of the 180 yard games, and less of how he started the season. Before the turf toe, I would expect more big games, but now that he’s dinged and I could see him playing through it most of the season, it’s a tough sell. 

I’d stay put, and maybe fling this offer over to the Hopkins owner.

thanks for the help on mine. 

• Thanks 1

I'd probably hold. Godwin is a monster in PPR. That Bucs offense is explosive and should be able to support both Evans and Godwin. If you don't want the headache of having both of them on your team then I'd say accept the trade or try to flip Mike Evans for a stud RB. I'm really high on Godwin.

• Thanks 1

I'd hold, mainly because you own Barkley and having Gallman valuable to you regardless of deep you are at RB.

As others mentioned, try selling Evans or Godwin to avoid on who to start each week or wasting a WR spot on them both and only having one of them produce. If you do go this route, then I would hold onto Godwin, I just like him more.

Help:

• Thanks 1

What if I altered the trade to Godwin + Michel instead of Godwin + Gallman? Would that make you more inclined to do the trade, or still no?

@seedawg @RickieWeeksFanForLife @jmcampbe11 @pushaZ @Ry34No @David Aames @The Frayed Ends of Fantasy @Dboy94 @dakimbell @AbnerLofton @rybread7293 @Jtitalia @jpark211 @mrbonifacio @TheLivingLegend @DirtyBirdSA @Cotton Jones @youngrice @FrancoJavierM

21 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

What if I altered the trade to Godwin + Michel instead of Godwin + Gallman? Would that make you more inclined to do the trade, or still no?

@seedawg @RickieWeeksFanForLife @jmcampbe11 @pushaZ @Ry34No @David Aames @The Frayed Ends of Fantasy @Dboy94 @dakimbell @AbnerLofton @rybread7293 @Jtitalia @jpark211 @mrbonifacio @TheLivingLegend @DirtyBirdSA @Cotton Jones @youngrice @FrancoJavierM

I would keep Godwin.

I don't see any reason to trade a guy thats been super highly hyped and is now living up to the hype.

He's in the Larry Fitz role in Arians offense, for a coach that once made Carson Palmer a top 5 fantasy QB.

Jameis isn't gonna slow down IMO. Godwin the only #1 receiver in the league who isn't drawing shadow coverage from top CBs. A human cheat code if there ever was one.

• Thanks 1