NBC Sports Edge Forums

Late Guillotine League - Starts Week 6

Gauging interest in 12 team Guillotine League on Yahoo that would start week 6, $25.00 entry - winner take all $300.00 through Yahoo or TeamStake. LeageSafe deadline has passed for new leagues. Draft would be tomorrow night - 10-3 - 9pm central

So getting interest and will go forward, Entry Fees will be paid through TeamStake here is the link - https://teamstake.com/league/league_detail/10/0/3396

$25.00 Entry - Last Team Standing wins $300.00

Draft will be tomorrow night on Yahoo - 9:00pm central

If you are not familiar with a Guillotine League It is a new kind of league, no h2h, just points. Every week the team with the lowest score is eliminated from the league, and their players are dumped back into the player pool. Everyone left bids on them using a FAAB system. By week 16 only 2 teams are left to play for the $300.00 prize.

Here is some more info- https://www.fanball.com/news/introducing-guillotine-leagues/ not playing it on Fanball but a good general description.

I sent the TeamStake invite, at the very least sign up there if you want to pay later after we get 12 that is fine.  I have a bunch of people interested waiting to see if it fills, which works against getting it filled if you know what I mean. I am pretty confident I will get it filled. I will keep you updated. Once I do get it filled we will need to move fast and get everyone paid so I can generate the draft order at Fantasy Pros and get ready for the draft at 9:00 pm  Let me know if you have any questions.

I joined. Thanks. Yeah the same old 'I will join if it fill's' conundrum. So silly really.  FYI, for those sitting on a fence, I joined my first Guillotine league this season, and its by FAR the most interesting and fun league I am in (and I am in a BUNCH).

Thanks, Yeah, I tried a free one and 4 weeks in I am hooked. I think this will become a very popular Fantasy Format, Some of us will be ahead of the game with some experience under our belt. I am trying a basketball guillotine as well