NBC Sports Edge Forums

Donovan Mitchell 2019-2020 Outlook

So better efficiency with Jazz adding Conley and Bogdanovic? Since he’ll jack up less tough shots. Good 3’s, ft% and stls for the guard position but average reb and ast at 4 each. Also kinda ironman since he just missed 6 games in his first two years.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot, He caught the Mike Conley virus. Hope he heals up quick. 

I'm feeling much better about him this year than last that's for certain.

Probably because I traded for him the other day. My bad 😶

The best thing about him in H2H is that he will probably play 11 games during our fantasy playoffs.  I think he can improve to top 35 in per game and if you get 11 games of top 35 during the fantasy playoffs that has to be worth a top 25 pick?  

Conley and Bogs will definitely help his efficiency, which was brutal during certain times last season (then again, Jazz had pretty much no one else who could score). Maybe his scoring goes down a little bit, but assists should go up, and maybe defensive numbers, so net value probably remains the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Donovan Mitchell 2019-2020 Outlook
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sld12 said:

He's slowed down big time over the last week, and is off to a horrible start today.  Anybody have any idea why he's been playing so poorly?

Nearing the end of a long roadtrip against tough defences, wouldn't be surprised to see another tough line in Philly tomorrow, but will hopefully be back on track for their home run starting Wednesday.

22 hours ago, JStyles said:

Nearing the end of a long roadtrip against tough defences, wouldn't be surprised to see another tough line in Philly tomorrow, but will hopefully be back on track for their home run starting Wednesday.

Welp, you were right 😑

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, StarFish said:

1st dud in 20 games, I'm ok

Not really worried about Donovan this season. He's been ballin. Just a little trigger happy sometimes with the 3ball even when the shots aren't falling. I reckon he's better when he drives to the lane for a higher % shot or kicks it out to the wings. Steals are becoming more consistent too which is always nice. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Was surprised to see he's only ranked 40th on BBM for the season thus far, feels like he's been going off every game.

Probably need him to start getting to the line more often, or getting more steals, to take another step up.