NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Garland 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Relax Garland lovers. This dude ain't ready. He only did well tonight cause I dropped him this morning.    He's gonna go back to 1-9 with 4 TOs next game. 

Kid hit the rookie wall going a 100

10 team strong hold . Dont @ me   . Glad I scooped him up weeks ago , prior to that I had add/dropped him a few times. But the kid he's here to stay for good . Even his shooting percentages are really

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Just as you predicted. Scooped him up again. Trusting your insight on this guy

Good. I told you before patience is huge on a guy like this. If your team is taking weekly dick idk if I’d hold but if you’re in a nice spot in the standings, it’s money. Things are only looking up for this kid

• Thanks 1

Wow, that running tear drop shot he has is really effective.  Really sees the floor well and finds his teammates easy shots. He was on my waiver wire a while ago.  Should really help my team going forward, especially with all the injuries my team has.

Edited by rabaak
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, rabaak said:

Wow, that running tear drop shot he has is really effective.  Really sees the floor well and finds his teammates easy shots. He was on my waiver wire a while ago.  Should really help my team going forward, especially with all the injuries my team has.

If you've watched previous Cleveland games, nope he doesn't really see the floor well and nope he doesn't give teammates easy shots.

This is one of the few games I've seen that he kind of excelled in those and is largely because of 2 things:

1. Improving as a rookie day by day, but

2. Offensive schemes/sets of the Cavs, they actually put a lot of ball handling duties on Cedi and Sexton while relegating Garland as a shooter mostly around the baseline and wing. There were some opportunties for pick and roll but I thought the Cavs' spacing wasn't as good as what we've seen vs Nuggets.

2 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

2. Offensive schemes/sets of the Cavs, they actually put a lot of ball handling duties on Cedi and Sexton while relegating Garland as a shooter mostly around the baseline and wing. There were some opportunties for pick and roll but I thought the Cavs' spacing wasn't as good as what we've seen vs Nuggets.

This was definitely his best game as a playmaker, but being a rookie i'll more likely judge him on his recent stuff rather than his older. He looked the part and I had confident as the game progressed that he'd keep making decent decisions and he did. Beilein even said in the post game that part of the evolution of Sexton is knowing how to play off Garland since he'll have the ball more. Hopefully they continue to give him the ball to develop him

26 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

This kid looks great when he is in pick and roll situations, seems to always do the right thing. I cant wait for the cavs to trade love and let darius go wild cause he could put up some insane numbers if they do.

Love this kid, he just keeps getting better and better. It’s about damn time Kevin  gets traded , or shutdown . Same with TT . Let the youth movement go into full effect . This is their future Garland, Sexton, Kevin Porter , Nance, and Cedi Osman . Just unleash everyone and see how they gel. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, GoatByRoto said:

Wow I really want to drop levert for this dude, but I’m already guard heavy 😓 his second half of the season potential is juicy.

Try trade levert for any value in a 2 for 1 situation then pick up garland, he will in my opinion easily be a better fantasy option ROS than levert