NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kris Dunn 2019-2020 Outlook

kev777zero

31 minutes ago, kev777zero said:

I know it doesn't make sense. If I was a Satoransky owner I'd be jumping at Dunn to at least lock up one starting guard

I'm considering it but would feel bamboozled if I did that and then Sato would be the starter again :D That said, might have to be decisive if either of them shows up in convincing fashion today

Sato is definitely the better PG, but I think Dunn's defense would have more impact and it's what the team sort of needs.

Dunn/Lavine/Otto/Markannen/WCJ -- if I were a Bulls fans, I wouldn't be mad at that starting 5 at all -- AT ALL. Dunn just needs to tone it down a little bit offensively.

3 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

I'm considering it but would feel bamboozled if I did that and then Sato would be the starter again :D That said, might have to be decisive if either of them shows up in convincing fashion today

Try to own both of you can, especially if you are Sato owner. You’re guaranteed a starting guard that way and the other will just be a streaming spot. I didn’t draft Sato and grabbed Dunn so if he starts then I get a top 100 PG free

• Like 1

I feel like trying to own neither may be a better strategy than trying to own both at this point, especially since Coby White is also on the roster and you could eventually end up with two roster spots wasted on guys who aren't even starting.

If anything this is just making me drop down Sato on my draft list, staying away from this mess for now.

7 hours ago, kev777zero said:

Try to own both of you can, especially if you are Sato owner. You’re guaranteed a starting guard that way and the other will just be a streaming spot. I didn’t draft Sato and grabbed Dunn so if he starts then I get a top 100 PG free

If I can manage to get a free roster spot, I'll defo consider it, cheers

2 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

I feel like trying to own neither may be a better strategy than trying to own both at this point, especially since Coby White is also on the roster and you could eventually end up with two roster spots wasted on guys who aren't even starting.

If anything this is just making me drop down Sato on my draft list, staying away from this mess for now.

Hopefully the pre-season games in total add up to a slightly clearer picture.

Edited by brickcitymamba

If Dunn can play 24-28 mins a night he is for sure posting top 75-100 value. He’s not in the best situation and has to compete against sato and coby but I’ll def take a flier just because he has a lot of potential in steals 

Look, I like Dunn and had him the past two years.  The elite steals/good assists are nice when he is given starter minutes and has his confidence going.

But this Bulls PG situation is as stay away as it gets.  They do not really want to keep Dunn.  They are not really intending to start Dunn in the regular season.  You don't draft a PG that high and sign another one because you are invested in the one you got. 

Starting him in the preseason is their way of attempting to showcase him to try and garner some value for him in a trade.  And unless he gets traded to a situation where he is going to be given enough minutes to produce, I would not draft him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

I'm confused, who will be their backup SG? Does he still get minutes at SG?

I think he'll just be brought in to be the primary defender on a 6th man.  Then be used for spot up 3s while someone else runs the offense.  His playmaking sucks.  People forget he was drafted pretty old.  He's an all-around worse version of Marcus Smart even though they're the same age.  Dude just got 7 TOs in a preseason game, in less than 30 minutes.  

I'm done.  Just dropped him in a 14 team roto dynasty league.  I don't see how he can be valuable at any point in his career other than being gifted a massive opportunity via injuries or trades and even then I don't think I even want to roster him.  I wanted to hold on but ended up thinking Jordan Poole could at some point develop more value than Dunn as early as this year if GS goes heavy 3 guard lineup...yes Jordan Poole lol, that's how far I've come with Dunn.  

Edited by hipriest69

• 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Kris Dunn 2019-2020 Outlook