• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They finally made him a SF in yahoo 

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop  

Obviously it’s because he thinks he’ll be a starter in the long term. Dude you gotta stop asking questions here if you’re gonna treat those who answer as though they owe you the truth. None of us know

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

boylen's minutes are frustrating. not sure why Dunn is playing so little today and so much Coby. assuming they went on a run with coby in the lineup.

Also Hutchison is playing great in this match,Bulls need someone to score

11 hours ago, brosephd said:

how bad is it? deciding between him and payton. had dunn last year and he burned me. currently going off in steals and consistency...some correlation to lauri being out? what about WCJ and gafford. 

Also, got SF/PG eligibility on ESPN 

2 4 2 next week on. 

10 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Sprained MCL.. I'm guessing 2-4 weeks maybe?

Also don't understand why Yahoo didn't put him as INJ considering Norm Powell hurt his finger and got the INJ immediately with the same "no timetable" diagnosis. 

They have to wait on official team reports 

34 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Sprained MCL.. I'm guessing 2-4 weeks maybe?

Also don't understand why Yahoo didn't put him as INJ considering Norm Powell hurt his finger and got the INJ immediately with the same "no timetable" diagnosis. 

Got to drop in a no IR league if that's the timetable unfortunately. Even OPJ could be back before then.

26 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

They have to wait on official team reports 

Damn whats the timetable on that exactly, after the game possibly? Kind of wish Fantasy Basketball had an IR+ spot like hockey as well. Would be nice considering all the rest/injuries. 

Edited by MathieuVirtuoso

"Dunn missed 23 games with an MCL sprain last season. "

https://www.blogabull.com/2020/2/2/21119365/chicago-bulls-kris-dunn-will-miss-time-with-mcl-sprain

I'm not saying this will be as bad, as it didn't seem too bad (but then body weight on to knee is never good).  I though sprains weren't a big deal.  Annoying that they didn't say what grade the sprain is.  Sprains could go from days to weeks. 

8 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

"Dunn missed 23 games with an MCL sprain last season. "

https://www.blogabull.com/2020/2/2/21119365/chicago-bulls-kris-dunn-will-miss-time-with-mcl-sprain

I'm not saying this will be as bad, as it didn't seem too bad (but then body weight on to knee is never good).  I though sprains weren't a big deal.  Annoying that they didn't say what grade the sprain is.  Sprains could go from days to weeks. 

Hoping it's a grade 1 sprain, I saw something posted elsewhere that those are usually a ~2 week timetable. If it's a grade 2 it could be 4-6 weeks. 

Very unfortunate timing on this injury though as there are articles flying left and right about how the injury puts things in perspective for the Bulls about developing their younger players and prioritizing core players who they plan on having around for a long time. Dunn is only turning 26 next month but I'm not sure if hes a part of their future plans. For that reason I wouldnt be surprised if they hold Dunn out longer than he might need or are simply extra cautious in bringing him back in order to evaluate other players, etc.

I prefer to hold in hopes that he comes back soon and is able to play, until more concrete updates are given. If we find out hes out for 4+ weeks then its going to be hard to keep him without an IL spot. 

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

Hoping it's a grade 1 sprain, I saw something posted elsewhere that those are usually a ~2 week timetable. If it's a grade 2 it could be 4-6 weeks. 

Very unfortunate timing on this injury though as there are articles flying left and right about how the injury puts things in perspective for the Bulls about developing their younger players and prioritizing core players who they plan on having around for a long time. Dunn is only turning 26 next month but I'm not sure if hes a part of their future plans. For that reason I wouldnt be surprised if they hold Dunn out longer than he might need or are simply extra cautious in bringing him back in order to evaluate other players, etc.

I prefer to hold in hopes that he comes back soon and is able to play, until more concrete updates are given. If we find out hes out for 4+ weeks then its going to be hard to keep him without an IL spot. 

Honestly I think they should have given more time for Dunn to develop as a PG instead of signing Satoransky (I guess as a vet model/leader), and drafting Coby White (who seems like an even worse shooter than Dunn).  Some PGs take time to develop, like Billups.  Bulls have a weird mix of vets and rooks/2nd years who just aren't very good.  WCJ probably has the best future, and Markennen is having a down year for some reason.  Lavine although young might not fix with their timeline.  Athough Lavine's contract isn't bad at all now even in hindsight. 

He's good enough to hold due to his steals, but when you're getting close to playoffs I would think you have to drop for a hot FA if any trades actually go down.  It's almost like this is the year of injuries and not trades. 

• 2 weeks later...