NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I created this thread. I’m a diehard lakers fan. I watched hours of film on this guy w my boy of his duke highlights the night before the draft. I prayed to gd that we could get him. I bought his lake

Back in Business 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

Oh no not his knee again ....

Getting downgraded to questionable is never good, I hope he's not out too long. I can see that the Pelicans are handling everyone with kid gloves this year. But with the news of Zion returning Thursday, you would think they would want to unleash Holiday and Ingram to make a playoff push. Call me crazy but I think they could make a run for that 8th spot in the West. It's really up for grabs. They're only 4 games back and it's only the beginning of January, the Pelicans have been playing a lot better these days. Williamson only helps their chances, anything is possible if Memphis can do it.

19 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

help how? he is playing at his current ceiling right now, at best it won't hurt him.

Floor spacing bro, defenses won’t be able to focus all their attention on him now. Brandon doesn’t have to be the focal point anymore. I think it improves Ingram’s ceiling even more. Kobe didn’t decline when Shaq was on the floor, they excelled together.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Floor spacing bro, defenses won’t be able to focus all their attention on him now. Brandon doesn’t have to be the focal point anymore. I think it improves Ingram’s ceiling even more. Kobe didn’t decline when Shaq was on the floor, they excelled together.

You may be talking yourself into it a bit. Floor spacing is usually associated with good 3-point shooters, which Zion is not. And Kobe was better with Shaq off the floor (one season sample):

Kobe Bryant stat splits for the 2003-04 Regular Season

Situation
FGA
FG%
FTM
Ast
TO
OReb
Reb
Stl
Pts
Pts100
 with Shaq 17.2  45.5%  6.3  5.7  2.9  1.6  5.7  1.7  23.0  100.0 
 without Shaq 24.0  41.5%  10.3  4.6  2.7  2.0  6.3  2.2  31.6  100.4 
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, qpeeters said:

You may be talking yourself into it a bit. Floor spacing is usually associated with good 3-point shooters, which Zion is not. And Kobe was better with Shaq off the floor (one season sample):

Kobe Bryant stat splits for the 2003-04 Regular Season

Situation
FGA
FG%
FTM
Ast
TO
OReb
Reb
Stl
Pts
Pts100
 with Shaq 17.2  45.5%  6.3  5.7  2.9  1.6  5.7  1.7  23.0  100.0 
 without Shaq 24.0  41.5%  10.3  4.6  2.7  2.0  6.3  2.2  31.6  100.4 

Point taken with Kobe and Shaq. But is Ingram not a better shooter from 3 this year? I wasn’t referring to Zion when I was talking about floor spacing. & I see what you’re saying statistically about Kobe and Shaq, I was making more of a basketball non-analytic observation. From a person who plays basketball in real life, playing with your teammates who are more skilled actually takes your games to another level because defenses have to worry about two people on offensive, instead of doubling/focusing on one particular player on the scouting report. Thus, more focus on Zion let’s Ingram flourish too.

• Like 1

Wow. Ingram almost had a 50 burger. Give’em the MIP already and put him in the all-star game. Pelicans will sneak into the 8th spot. BI and Zion are gonna shock the world.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Zion is only going to open up more things for BI as a playmaker

Thank you, some people seem to disagree with me. Glad you’re on the same page as me.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Thank you, some people seem to disagree with me. Glad you’re on the same page as me.

I agree too.  BI is not a selfish player, and has a versatile game that can work around and hopefully excel with Zion's participation.  Jrue, BI, Zion will be the 3 big scorers. 

1 minute ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I agree too.  BI is not a selfish player, and has a versatile game that can work around and hopefully excel with Zion's participation.  Jrue, BI, Zion will be the 3 big scorers. 

Yeah, I’m excited to see what a fully healthy Pelicans team looks like. Games like tonight reminded me how deep New Orleans is. I wonder why they didn’t put it together sooner. They would’ve for sure been up there with Memphis in the standings.

1 minute ago, NoahsArc said:

Yeah, I’m excited to see what a fully healthy Pelicans team looks like. Games like tonight reminded me how deep New Orleans is. I wonder why they didn’t put it together sooner. They would’ve for sure been up there with Memphis in the standings.

They did get like half a team's worth of core players with the AD trade.  Even the center is new.  In fact the starting five of Lonzo, Jrue, Reddick, Ingram, Favors is 80 pct new.  They'll probably shift Lonzo to the bench, and now have another new guy in Zion to incorporate.  Next year will be a better year for them. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vnmslsrbms said:

They did get like half a team's worth of core players with the AD trade.  Even the center is new.  In fact the starting five of Lonzo, Jrue, Reddick, Ingram, Favors is 80 pct new.  They'll probably shift Lonzo to the bench, and now have another new guy in Zion to incorporate.  Next year will be a better year for them. 

Good point, it takes time to develop chemistry. Playing in the Western conference is so tough this year. Literally every team has a chance to make the playoffs except the Warriors. It’s wild.

1 minute ago, NoahsArc said:

Good point, it takes time to develop chemistry. Playing in the Western conference is so tough this year. Literally every team has a chance to make the playoffs except the Warriors. It’s wild.

That was weird to hear but so true LOL.  It is the wild west out there.  Less elite but more wild.  Better for FBB as they'll sit less games. 

• Like 1