NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I created this thread. I’m a diehard lakers fan. I watched hours of film on this guy w my boy of his duke highlights the night before the draft. I prayed to gd that we could get him. I bought his lake

Back in Business 

Posted Images

On 1/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, Fantasyscrub said:

It's pretty shocking to me that a career 67% ft shooter can go 86% out of nowhere.  A guy who only made 0.6 threes turn into a 2.5, 40% shooter.  Rebounding better, passing it better.  It's night and day.

This is why you always check the splits from the season before to see how a guy trended. It wasn't out of nowhere. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ingrabr01/splits/2019  

He was on my sleeper list but didn't last long enough for me to snap him up.   

Unfortunately the sell high window is probably closed now for owners. Zion back, almost everyone healthy, and Griffin looking to bolster the team for a playoff run. BI will still be a solid option but the top 15 ranking he had into early/mid-January is probably gone now. 

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Did people really see him as a bust? He has improved every year since getting drafted lol. Grats on all star selection Kingram!

He just didn't develop as quickly as some might expect or demand from a 2nd pick. His talent was undeniable and I'm very happy for him how he plays now.

As a Lakers Fan I'm obviously a little disappointed that he is the 2nd player next to Russell who became an immediate All Star in the year after leaving LA...

12 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Did people really see him as a bust? He has improved every year since getting drafted lol. Grats on all star selection Kingram!

first 3 years in the league his highest fantasy finish was 171st sandwiched between 2 season of being outside the top 200. So he was trending in the bust direction.

Huge improvement this year with the 3ball, just needs to add some consistent stocks and he's a gem.

1 hour ago, n3gative said:

first 3 years in the league his highest fantasy finish was 171st sandwiched between 2 season of being outside the top 200. So he was trending in the bust direction.

Huge improvement this year with the 3ball, just needs to add some consistent stocks and he's a gem.

Fantasy value and real life value is different lol.

• Like 1

THIS is the new look Pelicans we wanted to see since preseason. Open floor, quick transition. Solid 1-5.

And they will get better, as Zion gets his stamina.

This means more assists for Ball, and more efficiency for Ingram. The people who told you Ingram is hurt by Zion's arrival were wrong.

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

THIS is the new look Pelicans we wanted to see since preseason. Open floor, quick transition. Solid 1-5.

And they will get better, as Zion gets his stamina.

This means more assists for Ball, and more efficiency for Ingram. The people who told you Ingram is hurt by Zion's arrival were wrong.

Like I said before, he was just in a mini shooting slump.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Like I said before, he was just in a mini shooting slump.

For a few games, Ingram was out of his rhythm. He was standing around for jumpers, which is not his game. He is just an average stand up shooter. And a fantastic first step driver. 

The long-term steady state is that Zion's gravity in the paint, along with Favors', allows Ingram to have any look he wants. The game should get simpler for him, with less forced shots off iso. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Igno said:

I am only worried about the rebounds ROS (even though he had 12 tonight!)

Last night doesn't really count. They were playing the Rockets without Capela (or any C for that matter) and 5 Pels had 10 or more rebounds!

I agree that Ingram's number will take a slight dip ROS, esp in rebounding.