NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

Flamez

43 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Really glad I got this guy when I had the chance. Without Zion on the court Ingram will have no trouble scoring 20-25 points every night, and even with Zion's return I don't expect a significant drop in production either.

He does other things besides score. He's long so stocks are there and he can rebs and has run pg in the past. I had em since his rookie year. I missed out on em this year where he finally breaks out. Congrats guys enjoy the ride.

1 hour ago, thrilla1nManila said:

He does other things besides score. He's long so stocks are there and he can rebs and has run pg in the past. I had em since his rookie year. I missed out on em this year where he finally breaks out. Congrats guys enjoy the ride.

His Stocks have been pretty low historically, will be interesting to see if he can keep up the 3pt% and 20+ FGA per game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

His Stocks have been pretty low historically, will be interesting to see if he can keep up the 3pt% and 20+ FGA per game

Dude gets blks from the sf position. He can get stls if you actually watch em play. He's a potential 1-1-1 player. I wouldn't use the word "historical" in his young career. The dude is 22. Curry himself didn't break 20ppg till his 4th year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Dude gets blks from the sf position. He can get stls if you actually watch em play. He's a potential 1-1-1 player. I wouldn't use the word "historical" in his young career. The dude is 22. Curry himself didn't break 20ppg till his 4th year.

That seems like an awful comparison. Ppg is dependent on shot attempts, His shot attempts were up significantly that year. Curry also averaged 1.9 steals per game his rookie year, which is pretty close to his career average.

You can call anyone a potential 1-1-1 player. Dude averaged 1.1 combined stocks in 33+ minutes last year and is injury prone

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

That seems like an awful comparison. Ppg is dependent on shot attempts, His shot attempts were up significantly that year. Curry also averaged 1.9 steals per game his rookie year, which is pretty close to his career average.

You can call anyone a potential 1-1-1 player. Dude averaged 1.1 combined stocks in 33+ minutes last year and is injury prone

at the same time stats are dependent on mins. Ingram gets 0.8 stls and 0.6blks. "Historically" using your own words  he wasn't getting the mins he gets now and lebron as a team are historically dimished peoples stats. Now that he's getting 35mins a game. Don't you think he can easily move those numbers closer to 1?

Steph curry, Beal kawhi etc and a lot of guys were also *injury prone". Your point? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

at the same time stats are dependent on mins. Ingram gets 0.8 stls and 0.6blks. "Historically" using your own words  he wasn't getting the mins he gets now and lebron as a team are historically dimished peoples stats. Now that he's getting 35mins a game. Don't you think he can easily move those numbers closer to 1?

Steph curry, Beal kawhi etc and a lot of guys were also *injury prone". Your point? 

Ah yes 35 is so much more than 33.8 my bad

8 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Ah yes 35 is so much more than 33.8 my bad

And you miss the part about lebron stunting hsi growth last year but there's an upward growth from year 1 and 2. and yes 2mins is a lot to increase a decimal point of stls and blks. That's 5 sets of 24 secs and the pelicans play at a faster pace. Also he's a carer 31mins/game to now breaking 35mins per game

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

And you miss the part about lebron stunting hsi growth last year but there's an upward growth from year 1 and 2. and yes 2mins is a lot to increase a decimal point of stls and blks. That's 5 sets of 24 secs and the pelicans play at a faster pace. 

Lebron didn't stunt his growth, his ppg went up last year. In January last year when Lebron played 1 game, Ingram averaged 36.2 Minutes and .5 steals and .5 blocks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Lebron didn't stunt his growth, his ppg went up last year. In January last year when Lebron played 1 game, Ingram averaged 36.2 Minutes and .5 steals and .5 blocks

Well see he's averaging 1.7 blks now. 😂 apparently in your world players don't get better after 21.lol

3 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Well see he's averaging 1.7 blks now. 😂

If you can look someone in the eye and tell them you honestly believe Ingram will average 1.7 blocks per game, I have wasted my time even replying to you because there is no point.

Edited by BrowKnees
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

If you can look someone in the eye and tell them you honestly believe Ingram will average 1.7 blocks per game, I have wasted my time even replying to you because there is no point.

Never have I said he can avg 1.7 blks. I simply pointed out he can get stocks. I'm saying he can get 1. Or 0.8 and that's not bad for a sf. 

I have nothing against Ingram. I just have never seen it with him and if I am wrong on him, then I am wrong and will have no problem admitting it. Maybe he is truly breaking out.

But currently the dude is shooting 52% from three on six attempts a game. That is 100% not sustainable even if he did improve his three ball which his three other years has not been good.

Also stuff that might not be sustainable. 4 rebounds above his average for his career. I can’t see this still skinny dude averaging 9-10 rebounds a game for a season. 20% better on FTs all the way back to college. More blocks than his career average. And obviously he is averaging 9 more points than last year.

I just have trouble buying into all of it yet after three games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

No let these people have their moment. After three games, he is the next KD (again). The KD comparisons have resurfaced again. 

hey those were the Houston announcers saying that. just package ingram with top 50 player for luka. shouldn't be that hard to do with a little car salesmanship

1 hour ago, BrowKnees said:

lebron absolutely stunted his growth .. his breakout happened when lebron was out 

Impressed with his strong start as well but this is really the best time to sell high before he regresses and also before Zion comes back.

Jumped 9ppg/4rbg/1bpg and 2.7 threes so far. I think all 4 cats are bloated. I’d be shopping him around and see who bites. Maybe a top 40 underperformer like Fox/Middleton/Draymond. No harm in trying as he’s currently ranked top ten.

Beyond fantasy stuff, this guy is just a very special player. The guys dismissing this as a small sample size are outing themselves as not having truly paid attention to his game last season. He had brilliant performances throughout the season and was consistently sensational in the month before the clots happened. I've never seen the media hype train whiff so badly on a guy-especially the way they scoffed at the Lakers' trade package for AD in comparison to Boston's perceived assets. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

you sure this the hill you want to die on? 

First two years without Lebron: He was being compared to KD.

Year Three: with Lebron he was inconsistent as hell. With Lebron injured, still inconsistent but very awkward play and nowhere near KD level.

Year Four: without Zion: back to being compared to KD.

How about we call him, a poor man’s Tracy Mcgrady.

Beyond fantasy stuff, this guy is just a very special player. The guys dismissing this as a small sample size are outing themselves as not having truly paid attention to his game last season. He had brilliant performances throughout the season and was consistently sensational in the month before the clots happened. I've never seen the media hype train whiff so badly on a guy-especially the way they scoffed at the Lakers' trade package for AD in comparison to Boston's perceived assets. 

In February he averaged 21/6/3 shooting 50% and post All-Star before the clots he was putting up 28/7.5/2.5 on 57% (!!!) shooting. Over a sample size of his last 20 or so games he has also shot above 75% from the line. I watched nearly every Lakers game last season and he was oozing with star potential and it was special to watch his progression over the course of the season. 

Having already been poised for a break-out year in my view around the time of the clots, he has made even more SIGNIFICANT improvements in his game that are just apparent. Much improved play-making, shooting, and defensive instincts and he only just turned 22! 

BI is a strong hold to me and it's going to be a fun ride. Falling to the 100s in drafts was just bonkers to me, but I'll gladly take the value. He's not always going to put up 25+ on 65%+ shooting (though he did on several occasions even last season), this guy is a star player. Don't mistake this is as anything other than a break-out year. 

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook