NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

Flamez

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Anyways, I’m not here to argue with anyone here. I just rather hear a more compelling argument like Trae Young is the next Lillard/Curry or Zion is the next Amare Stoudemire, than to hear that Ingram is the next KD. 

Give the kid some respeckt, he's also only 22, he showed flashes of this late last season before he got injured. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Anyways, I’m not here to argue with anyone here. I just rather hear a more compelling argument like Trae Young is the next Lillard/Curry or Zion is the next Amare Stoudemire, than to hear that Ingram is the next KD. 

who cares if he’s the next KD or not

the boy got star potential and it’s being realized in front of our eyes.. don’t be that guy who hates til it’s too late. 

32 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

First two years without Lebron: He was being compared to KD.

Year Three: with Lebron he was inconsistent as hell. With Lebron injured, still inconsistent but very awkward play and nowhere near KD level.

Year Four: without Zion: back to being compared to KD.

How about we call him, a poor man’s Tracy Mcgrady.

lebron hinders his supporting cast.. color me shocked.

post ASB without lebron at 21 years old last year:

27.8 ppg (53% FG)

1.5 3FGM

7.5 RPG

2.5 APG

you’re guna end up lookin foolish if u don’t give props where they’re due.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Give the kid some respeckt, he's also only 22, he showed flashes of this late last season before he got injured. 

I did give him respect last season. I live in Los Angeles, I watched most of his games. #Chill

22 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lebron hinders his supporting cast.. color me shocked.

post ASB without lebron at 21 years old last year:

27.8 ppg (53% FG)

1.5 3FGM

7.5 RPG

2.5 APG

you’re guna end up lookin foolish if u don’t give props where they’re due.

Whose going to look foolish. Y’all wanna call him KD, I’m calling him Tracy McGrady. I honestly don’t care, I’m just having a discussion. You trying to make people look “foolish”.

Been scrolling these comments and it’s crazy how many non-believers there are. This guy is 22 years old and ppl talk about him like he’s been in the league for 20 years and has a track record of being mediocre .. gtfo here. This kids penis isn’t even fully grown yet. He has such a promising future just went through a life threatening injury and has come back so strong .. if that doesn’t show promise and determination I don’t know what does. Come back and discredit my word if I’m wrong but for the ppl that got him ... he’ll be 4th round value this isn’t a sell high situation, this is a keep the fukin guy situation. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Been scrolling these comments and it’s crazy how many non-believers there are. This guy is 22 years old and ppl talk about him like he’s been in the league for 20 years and has a track record of being mediocre .. gtfo here. This kids penis isn’t even fully grown yet. He has such a promising future just went through a life threatening injury and has come back so strong .. if that doesn’t show promise and determination I don’t know what does. Come back and discredit my word if I’m wrong but for the ppl that got him ... he’ll be 4th round value this isn’t a sell high situation, this is a keep the fukin guy situation. 

I dont think its hating on Ingram. His current production is just not sustainable. And I literally listed 3rd-4th round value guys you could aim to buy low in Fox/Draymond/Middleton while Ingram has first round value. If trading up your 7-9th round pick in Ingram is not a smart fantasy move for more proven players who are currently starting slow, and you think 4th round is his ceiling, isn’t selling high now for his ceiling value the ideal thing to do? Were basing this off 3 games. One bad game and his stock plummets.

Edited by boytoy

30 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Whose going to look foolish. Y’all wanna call him KD, I’m calling him Tracy McGrady. I honestly don’t care, I’m just having a discussion. You trying to make people look “foolish”.

show me where i called him KD? if you wanna backtrack on your doubt i can dig it. 

34 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Crazy how many non-believers? There was literally one guy on page 1 that had reservations. One guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Crazy how many non-believers? There was literally one guy on page 1 that had reservations. One guy. 

Re-read that first page brother. I saw “Andrew Wiggins territory” “maybe he’s kd after a torn Achilles” “idk why ppl hype this guy when he sucks”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boytoy said:

I dont think its hating on Ingram. His current production is just not sustainable. And I literally listed 3rd-4th round value guys you could aim to buy low in Fox/Draymond/Middleton while Ingram has first round value. If trading up your 7-9th round pick in Ingram is not a smart fantasy move for more proven players who are currently starting slow, and you think 4th round is his ceiling, isn’t selling high now for his ceiling value the ideal thing to do? Were basing this off 3 games. One bad game and his stock plummets.

I totally understand where your coming from and it might make sense to ship him if you could grab a 4th rounder and I usually sell high when the time is right but this time feels like you could have your most improved player alla pascal Siakam of the year and personally I’d want someone like that on my roster to watch and root for + lets keep in mind being teammates w lbj has been proven to be a fantasy killer. This has all the signs of a legitimate breakout 

• Like 1

Fun factor is a legit reason to hang on to a guy, so I will have to agree. To be fair, I did try to target him in the later rounds but never fell to me. Preferred guys like Oubre, Harrell, SGA, etc., who were drafted in the same range. And interestingly all 4 of them are off to great starts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

def a different guy, much more assertive, plays with much more confidence, this is not a fluke, dude’s forreal, that three point shot lookin pretty good aswell, midrange is money

We saw this toward the end of last year!! The three point shooting in particular is a major stride

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, L3onD said:

def a different guy, much more assertive, plays with much more confidence, this is not a fluke, dude’s forreal, that three point shot lookin pretty good aswell, midrange is money

he's not a different guy...he was just as good in the second half of last season and showed flashes of this pre-lebron as well.

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

I think Ingram >> Tatum ROS for sure... 

Ingram has just such a fantasyfriendly game, I wouldn’t sell him...

Fair enough, also agree. Who would you think is a good target then. Jimmy butler owner already laughed at me (and I included Rui)

1 hour ago, Dent416 said:

Fair enough, also agree. Who would you think is a good target then. Jimmy butler owner already laughed at me (and I included Rui)

Don’t know for sure but I think maybe someone like Siakam could be targeted. I wouldn’t sell him though because even if his stats decline a little bit from what he produces so far he is still someone who could end up Top 30 ROS. Only concern for me is his health issues in the past, but he seems fine so far 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook