NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

Flamez

16 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Unbelievable. Top 20 finish of Zion isn’t healthy all year 

1.) they will prob sit em out some games even if he comes back this year

2.) ball and favors dont shoot a lot so 70% of offense will be between jrue, ingram, and zion. BBM just projections zion to score 17-19ppg, jrue went he goes into his mid season form is 20-22ppg. it would be easy for ingram to avg in 20's.

44 minutes ago, RotoHub said:

I wonder if Celtic fans still think a package of Tatum + salary filler was better than Ball + Ingram + Kuz for AD.

Chris Mannix got on First Things First and said that the Celtics could choose to not include Tatum and still offer a better package than that BI-Zo-Kuz-Hart-Zubac-picks offer that the Lakers foolishly offered and that Dell Demps even more embarrassingly turned down 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RotoHub said:

I wonder if Celtic fans still think a package of Tatum + salary filler was better than Ball + Ingram + Kuz for AD.

I mean... Yeah. They're Celtic fans. They think they're on top of the world always. Jaylen Brown is the franchise.

• Like 2

Damn this dude is putting up stats. Same problem as last year for the pels though... they still suck. They keep losing no matter what they try, who they add, what stats are put up. AD? Can't make the playoffs... Ingram playing like a monster? Cant win a game... what's with these guys and losing? I need them to win so zion has a reason to play! 

5 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Damn this dude is putting up stats. Same problem as last year for the pels though... they still suck. They keep losing no matter what they try, who they add, what stats are put up. AD? Can't make the playoffs... Ingram playing like a monster? Cant win a game... what's with these guys and losing? I need them to win so zion has a reason to play! 

Stats but they still don't win.  I still have my doubts that a career 49% shooter on twos and 34% shooter on threes can sustain shooting 57% on twos and 48.6% on threes (5 attempts a game).  And particularly once Jrue gets it going and when Zion comes back the usage will go down. But for now, Ingram is putting up stats.  No one can deny that.

I did read an interesting tidbit this morning about him tho:

The Pelicans are scoring more points per 100 possessions when he's off the floor than with him on.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861289-during-pelicans-struggles-without-zion-brandon-ingram-is-becoming-nbas-mip

Ultimately tho, I think they are still losing because of injuries, a lot of new pieces, and their defense. They are 28th in points allowed per 100 possessions.  And Gentry. I have never thought Gentry was a good coach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Stats but they still don't win.  I still have my doubts that a career 49% shooter on twos and 34% shooter on threes can sustain shooting 57% on twos and 48.6% on threes (5 attempts a game).  And particularly once Jrue gets it going and when Zion comes back the usage will go down. But for now, Ingram is putting up stats.  No one can deny that.

I did read an interesting tidbit this morning about him tho:

The Pelicans are scoring more points per 100 possessions when he's off the floor than with him on.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861289-during-pelicans-struggles-without-zion-brandon-ingram-is-becoming-nbas-mip

Ultimately tho, I think they are still losing because of injuries, a lot of new pieces, and their defense. They are 28th in points allowed per 100 possessions.  And Gentry. I have never thought Gentry was a good coach.

Well he’s already one of the most efficient scorers in the league at age 22. That is just who he is. The efficiency (55%+) now spans back ~20 or so games. 3pt% obviously will regress since 50% is absurd for anybody but the efficiency on twos will stay in that ballpark. It’s a thing of beauty how he gets to his spots and his length allows him to raise up over any defender. BI is certainly the superior player to Jrue and Zion returning will only open up more playmaking opportunities for him as he’s also a great playmaker as a wing. BI isn’t really a sell high candidate in that selling high is limited to getting an established top 20 value player in return which I don’t think most owners are open to. He’s in a similar boat as Brogdon. 

Here’s his TPA on the season. 

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1191754546806165505?s=20

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 3:35 AM, Monkeyking69 said:

man this dude got picked up somewhere in the 9th round for my league ... 😫

On 11/5/2019 at 6:49 AM, QingJames said:

He got picked around 120 in mine.

I'd be seething if I wasn't so impressed by this kid.

shouldn’t have slept

i seen this coming from a mile away 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook