NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

Flamez

11 minutes ago, vyun said:

Eh. Obviously great trade for first half of the season but I think you'll regret this in the second half. ESPECIALLY during the playoffs when Ayton is getting 35mpg with the Suns lobbying for playoff seeding and the Pelicans resting everyone to try to get Lamelo to play with Lonzo

Valid points. I agree with everything you said. Ayton is a solid player and could very well be top 30 ROS. But same could be said for Ingram. The Pelicans could spark a run and fight for a playoff spot keeping BI’s season alive and Phoenix could very well be out of the playoff hunt after the all-star break. It’s a catch 22 when you make trades this early in the season. Fantasy is about having fun and I already have enough bigs on my roster. Even though it seems like a bad trade from my end receiving Ingram. I just needed a player to keep me interested.

Went from probable to questionable for tonight’s game. Hope the knee issue isn’t too serious. I knew what I was getting into trading for BI because I had AD last year and I hate the way the Pelicans treat injuries. I forgot they like to sit they’re players for something as small as a paper cut. 🤦‍♂️

Brandon Ingram (knee) will not play vs. Miami on Saturday.

He went from probable yesterday to questionable today, and now he's going to miss his third game. This is the front end of a back-to-back set, so that might be part of the thinking here. With Ingram, Josh Hart (ankle, knee)

Frustrating...

On 10/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Very very unlikely he averages 21-24.  That would mean he is leading the team in scoring or close to it.  He is not going to lead this team in scoring.  They have too many scoring options and he is at the very best the third option in the pecking order with two good veterans in Favors and Redick that I am sure will get their touches.

I honestly have never gotten Ingram's appeal in fantasy once it became known what he is.  Horrible free throw shooter and in volume which hurts more.  Doesn't provide steals.  Not a great rebounder.  Not a good three point shooter at all despite being compared to KD coming into the league.  So he scores and...? 

So unless he improves his FT% by a lot (maybe) and improves his stocks substantially (unlikely), I just don't get it.  So many better options to draft, particularly where he had been going the past few years.

Lol gotta love this post.

This man really said Ingram will be the 3rd option at best. 

This man really mentioned Reddick and Favors like that. 

This man really said he doesn't get Ingram's appeal in fantasy. 

This man really said he's a horrible free throw shooter.  Shooting 75% from the line on 5.7 attempts.

This man really said he's not a great rebounder or a good 3pt shooter.  Averaging 7.4 rebounds and shooting 45% on 5.5 attempts from 3. 

9 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Lol gotta love this post.

This man really said Ingram will be the 3rd option at best. 

This man really mentioned Reddick and Favors like that. 

This man really said he doesn't get Ingram's appeal in fantasy. 

This man really said he's a horrible free throw shooter.  Shooting 75% from the line on 5.7 attempts.

This man really said he's not a great rebounder or a good 3pt shooter.  Averaging 7.4 rebounds and shooting 45% on 5.5 attempts from 3. 

To be fair, this was posted before the start of the season, and he was making valid points about Ingram's puzzling stats fantasy-wise. Who could predict Ingram as a favorite for the MIP award? I didn't. The most impressive thing about Ingram's upgraded numbers this season is rebs and stocks boost. His thin frame does not look as a disadvantage anymore, quite the opposite. Ok, sure, increased usage/scoring with better percentages is also impressive. If he improves his ft % even more, he is nearing 2nd round value long term.

10 minutes ago, Igno said:

To be fair, this was posted before the start of the season, and he was making valid points about Ingram's puzzling stats fantasy-wise. Who could predict Ingram as a favorite for the MIP award? I didn't. The most impressive thing about Ingram's upgraded numbers this season is rebs and stocks boost. His thin frame does not look as a disadvantage anymore, quite the opposite. Ok, sure, increased usage/scoring with better percentages is also impressive. If he improves his ft % even more, he is nearing 2nd round value long term.

I predicted it, but that's not the point. His skills were notably increasing, especially having watched him play, and not many guys fail when they are are 6'10+ with a handle + decent shot.