NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Walton 2019 Outlook

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just glanced at his schedule and also noticed he plays for the Dolphins in every single one of these games. That part is not good. 

I doubt they were PEDs. Probably anti depressants from playing on the Dolphins. 

Look at their schedule after today: Jets - 10th run defense but a team that they can likely keep pace with somewhat and run the ball Indi - 20th run defense and similar to above. Not a team

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I just glanced at his schedule and also noticed he plays for the Dolphins in every single one of these games. That part is not good. 

But can he also be sloppy with holding on to the football?

11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He has the Dolphin OL blocking for him. I’m pretty sure his floor is lower than that. 

From what I just saw out of the the Dolphins in general the floor is 3-5 pts to be honest. Something like 30 yards, a catch and a FL

• Haha 1

Pittsburgh is a solid D. Nobody should have expected any kind of crazy production from him. Walton actually did as well as most RBs have done vs the Steelers this year. He barely left the field so that's a plus. Better days are ahead.

• Like 1

He looked quick and shifty last night.  He also didn't look like he had the size to be an every down RB.  Bellage is awful, as are the Dolphins, so this kid should get the bulk of the touches since they will most likely be playing from behind a lot.  I just don't know that 15 touches will mean much on this bad of a team that won't move the ball well or score a lot.  As a bye week fill in or desperation play I guess.  It is football so you never know who might have a big day.  I'd roster him if I had a free spot, but wouldn't drop anyone of substance to do so.

5 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He looked quick and shifty last night.  He also didn't look like he had the size to be an every down RB.  Bellage is awful, as are the Dolphins, so this kid should get the bulk of the touches since they will most likely be playing from behind a lot.  I just don't know that 15 touches will mean much on this bad of a team that won't move the ball well or score a lot.  As a bye week fill in or desperation play I guess.  It is football so you never know who might have a big day.  I'd roster him if I had a free spot, but wouldn't drop anyone of substance to do so.

If he was going to be usable, it would be this weekend against the horrible Jets. 

Dude saw the highest snap count of any RB last week. Doesn't profile as a workhorse back, but Miami has nothing else behind him. He's been a great receiver dating back to college, so he even if he averages 45 rushing yards a game he should be catching 3-4 passes at least. Also, going forward Miami has a stupid easy schedule. They might even mess around and end up with a few W's. Game script won't be as big of an issue against Jets x2, Buffalo, Cleveland, NYG and Cincy. 

• Thanks 1

Being a life long Jets fan, if there is one thing for certain, it's that the Dolphins will upset the Jets this weekend in Miami.  I don't want to hear about how bad Miami is or how they're trying to tank.....IT'S.  THE.  JETS.  

I'm firing up my Walton and Parker wherever I have space.  CJ Mosley out a few weeks.  Leonard Williams no longer in town.  Quinnen Williams hasn't done anything yet.  Jamal Adams giving up this year.  The secondary is TERRIBLE.  Don't hesitate to play your Dolphins this week at home.

• Like 2

As someone who has had Drake on the bench all season, I don't understand the hype here. Seems like best case scenario he puts up the same numbers Drake was, which makes him a... RB3? Hard to start in smaller than 12 team leagues. Is the optimism mostly related to the Dolphins schedule?

Just now, TheFantasyFootballGods said:

As a fellow Dolphins Fan, Hes basically another joe mixon. Yeah hes a starting running back but in a horrible offense that is trying to lose. I wouldnt expect anything more than 8-10 points week in and week out

Except he isnt getting GL carries so even worse

in standard no reason to own him

in PPR good bench RB in case of emergency as he can get you double digits easy in PPR with them playing from behind 24/7