NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jon Hilliman 2019 Outlook

Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Lol, no, that news came out 12 hours later

all in on hilliman

Yeah I'm in a very deep PPR league where I start Ekeler and have the choice of Darrel Williams, Mostert, Burkhead, Darrell Henderson and Hilliman. f--- it man, bring on the hallucinogens and let's see him out-run some LB's on wheel routes.

What about this Penny dude? It looked like touches were split about 75/25 last game after Gallman left but I’d be worried it could be more even tonight if Hilliman struggles(he averaged 2.2 yds per carry last game). The only way I’d want to go near this guy is VOLUME

5 hours ago, Tenner said:

I think he could haul in 3-4 passes for 25 yards. 12 carries for 30 yards. 15% chance of a TD. 

I project him at 9.5 PPR points 

I'm not even projecting a stat line, he's a warm body who seems to be poised to get some sort of workload

as another poster mentioned penny, it's just a gamble some are forced to take tha he does not eat into the workload, this is a huge dart throw spot start

....please return saquon 

27 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I find it hilarious that they cut him and his 3.0 YPC for Buck Allen, who, last season averaged 2.7 YPC.  Giants with the smart moves.

Hilliman's pass protection was flat out bad vs the Vikings and he lost a fumble in each game.  Buck Allen may suck at running the ball, but at least he can protect the QB and isn't prone to fumbling.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Hilliman's pass protection was flat out bad vs the Vikings and he lost a fumble in each game.  Buck Allen may suck at running the ball, but at least he can protect the QB and isn't prone to fumbling.

I'm referencing more the situation.  They were confident enough to roll in there with this dude and Penny.  They knew the circumstances, they worked out a bunch of RBs, and they stuck with these two and could have easily gotten Jones hurt. Then, they cut the guy the next day. The whole thing is baffling when there were better options out there with more experience and better players, stick with their guy confidently enough to roll with him as the only option in the backfield, then bail. The whole thing showed the judgement and duration of a Vegas wedding.

Another oddity is that IIRC Allen didn't even work out two weeks ago for them so him being signed is out of left field.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sternes said:

I'm referencing more the situation.  They were confident enough to roll in there with this dude and Penny.  They knew the circumstances, they worked out a bunch of RBs, and they stuck with these two and could have easily gotten Jones hurt. Then, they cut the guy the next day. The whole thing is baffling when there were better options out there with more experience and better players, stick with their guy confidently enough to roll with him as the only option in the backfield, then bail. The whole thing showed the judgement and duration of a Vegas wedding.

Another oddity is that IIRC Allen didn't even work out two weeks ago for them so him being signed is out of left field.

They worked out a bunch of RBs after Saquon was injured.  They felt ok with Gallman, Penny and Hilliman.  It looked like Saquon could be back for the Pats game, or the game afterwords.

As often happens in the NFL, the worst case scenario strikes, Gallman gets hurt on Sunday and the Giants had to play on Thursday.  There was no real time to sign a replacement, so Hilliman and Penny it was. 

TBH, after rewatching the Giants pass plays vs the Vikings before the Pats game I thought the Giants might start Penny or play him a lot more than they did vs the Pats.

Stuff happens, and now they’re looking for a Gallman replacement with Saquon due back soon.  

4 hours ago, Sternes said:

2 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

They worked out a bunch of RBs after Saquon was injured.  They felt ok with Gallman, Penny and Hilliman.  It looked like Saquon could be back for the Pats game, or the game afterwords.

But Buck Allen wasn't one of the ones that was announced as having worked out for the Giants.  Zach Zenner, Benny Cunningham, and Fozzy Whitaker if I recall correctly.  So why not one of these three guys?  Guess they didn't like any of them, which is why they weren't signed.  Was Buck Allen even brought in for a workout?