NBC Sports Edge Forums

Norman Powell 2019-2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, taenggg said:

I started my playoffs this week and I'll be dropping him on Monday

Wow you got bigger stones than me. I’m in a tough matchup so I’m considering it but this tear he’s on is getting ridiculous. Even with FVV potentially coming back they gotta ride the hot hand here 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Siakam last year, Norm this year. Whatever concerns you may have about playing time or rotations, don’t think about it - the talent always wins out. Got burned twice now and I won’t let it h

Posted Images

Playoffs start next week and I got nurk and ben simmons sitting on the IL. Need an update / timeline before dropping. No way I can let a talent like this go over a couple games injury. But f*** I'm really sad. Fantasy sucks this year 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Playoffs start next week and I got nurk and ben simmons sitting on the IL. Need an update / timeline before dropping. No way I can let a talent like this go over a couple games injury. But f*** I'm really sad. Fantasy sucks this year 

Raptors injury trend, one player gets healthy one player gets injured  -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Every time we get a player back another goes down. Norm was on fire too terrible luck 

Yup, figures.  Every single one of my teams has at least 2 players injured.  Now it's 3 per team with Powell hurt (got him on 2 teams).

Not a good day.

2 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yup, figures.  Every single one of my teams has at least 2 players injured.  Now it's 3 per team with Powell hurt (got him on 2 teams).

Not a good day.

Last time I do fantasy nba this is ridiculous. Forget injuries but on any given night you don’t know who’s a lock to play 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Can this guy stay on the damn court.

What happened and how bad?

Ankle sprain, they're calling it.  Collision with OG.  Didn't look good. Ugh.

I'd hold this week for teams which are locked into playoffs unless there's an excellent pickup there on the wire.  Who knows how serious the ankle is?  Might be a slight tweak and back for next week.  If it's bad then next man up (Raptors are just too good at replacing their productive guys). 

1 minute ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I'd hold this week for teams which are locked into playoffs unless there's an excellent pickup there on the wire.  Who knows how serious the ankle is?  Might be a slight tweak and back for next week.  If it's bad then next man up (Raptors are just too good at replacing their productive guys). 

Well, yeah.  I think it's pretty easy to say (as I've been saying similar things).  If you're locked into the playoffs, there's no reason to drop such a hot player, except for the exact 2 reasons you've given (that it's a minor injury/have a free IL, or that you're in a super shallow league and you've got hot FAs everywhere on the wire).

However, that's a really small niche - I'm actually locked into the playoffs in all leagues that I hold Powell, and it's a no-brainer hold.  But I don't assume everyone's in my situation, since many (or most) of us are fighting for the playoffs, or at least for seeding.  And many of us don't have the luxury of even stashing Powell on our ILs if he has a bad diagnosis given all the injuries floating around.  Heck, even if it's minor, because the Raptors have a 2 gamer this week, owners battling for the POs might even have to cut bait given Powell could give them a big fat 0 in production.

Point is that I think most of us know what to do, if we're safe.  As a comment to the "replacing guys" part, Powell isn't replaceable on the Raptors' roster, at least not for fantasy purposes.  OG and Davis are inconsistent at best, while McCaw is garbage.  FVV might eventually return, but most leagues don't have FVV on the wire.  I do think that the injury COULD be minor, since Ayton's injury looked nasty but apparently it's only a D2D issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Last time I do fantasy nba this is ridiculous. Forget injuries but on any given night you don’t know who’s a lock to play 

Listen to your own handle

• Like 1