NBC Sports Edge Forums

Norman Powell 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, justaguy said:

Interesting. I follow quite a few fantasy accounts and it looks like this was posted yesterday, but this is the first I've heard of it. Still ended up picking him up last night cause I had an empty IL spot, so I guess I'm lucky news wasn't more widespread. 

This is awesome news though. He was still somehow super underrated while he was playing very well, and I think he can continue to put up similar numbers, even if a little less so, considering he's played through all kinds of different scenarios this year i.e. starting, off the bench, without Lowry, without VanVleet, etc. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Siakam last year, Norm this year. Whatever concerns you may have about playing time or rotations, don’t think about it - the talent always wins out. Got burned twice now and I won’t let it h

Posted Images

On 1/1/2020 at 1:40 PM, justaguy said:

Not looking great. Just a stash for the foreseeable future 

Just note that he's still travelling with the team, while the other two aren't. Could be back in the next week or two

What’s intriguing is that just before he got hurt and FVV was about to come back, Nurse mentioned that he was contemplating some changes to the starting lineup - it’s most likely that Norm starts and FVV to the bench is one of them. He plays much better as a starter as he needs consistent minutes to perform - FVV does equally as well whether he starts or comes off the bench.

53 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

What’s intriguing is that just before he got hurt and FVV was about to come back, Nurse mentioned that he was contemplating some changes to the starting lineup - it’s most likely that Norm starts and FVV to the bench is one of them. He plays much better as a starter as he needs consistent minutes to perform - FVV does equally as well whether he starts or comes off the bench.

itd be og/rondae  coming off the bench

57 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Fvv is not coming off our bench, they would start powell at SF, one of our weaker positions.

• Like 1
On 1/6/2020 at 7:11 AM, crocp said:

is this guy worth a stash in 12-14 teamers? BBM has him projected to return Jan 15th.

Was asking myself the same thing. I want to put him on my IR cause I’m intrigued. Hopefully he comes back within the next or so. I wanted to add him bc of how well was playing before his shoulder injury. But as someone mentioned previously, it’s hard to tell what his role/value will be with FVV and Lowry healthy at the same time. Who knows how long Siakam will be out though. Powell definitely benefits from his absence with the Raptors so short handed.

12 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I think as long as Siakam, Lowry, or FVV is hurt, then Powell will get enough volume to be rosterable. He's just gotta come back first

Even when they are all back, Norm should get his run. Raps are not that deep this year.

Not saying he will be 12 team relevant, but could still be a good option.

• Like 1

Does “soon” mean as like even maybe this week? Had to stash Powell after I saw this. I might be overly optimistic but I think Norm was in the midst of his breakout season with the Raptors along with FVV. He’ll get all the opportunity in the world while Siakam is out.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kilslo said:

Toronto play today and tomorrow so I bet we see Norm tomorrow 

I would think Sunday is his best chance. Since he hasn’t had a full practice yet. But there’s word of FVV being out for a while with hamstring injury. Meaning Powell will step into a big role right away.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NoahsArc said:

I would think Sunday is his best chance. Since he hasn’t had a full practice yet. But there’s word of FVV being out for a while with hamstring injury. Meaning Powell will step into a big role right away.

Yeh I imagine they’re gonna be lenient w the minutes restriction upon return given all the injuries 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Norman Powell 2019-2020 Outlook