NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Serge Ibaka 2019-2020 Outlook

colepenhagen

2 minutes ago, Jonathanc5 said:

10 days should have MRI results, no updates is odd.

?

He has a sprained ankle. 

Ibaka (ankle) remains without a timetable, but he said Tuesday that his sprained right ankle is feeling "a lot better," Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun reports.

Ibaka has missed the last five games since suffering the injury back on Nov. 8, and while the Raptors haven't commented on when they expect to have the veteran back, he looks to be moving in the right direction. Coach Nick Nurse had no update on Ibaka -- or Kyle Lowry -- as of Tuesday morning, however, so it may be a stretch for either player to return for Wednesday's game against the Magic. Either way, consider Ibaka day-to-day for the time being.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, smeeze said:

?

He has a sprained ankle. 

Ibaka (ankle) remains without a timetable, but he said Tuesday that his sprained right ankle is feeling "a lot better," Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun reports.

Ibaka has missed the last five games since suffering the injury back on Nov. 8, and while the Raptors haven't commented on when they expect to have the veteran back, he looks to be moving in the right direction. Coach Nick Nurse had no update on Ibaka -- or Kyle Lowry -- as of Tuesday morning, however, so it may be a stretch for either player to return for Wednesday's game against the Magic. Either way, consider Ibaka day-to-day for the time being.

thanks!!! that's good update for me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Does dude have any value in shallower leagues (i.e 12 and smaller)? Just wondering if they completelyt cancel out one another w/ Gasol or can he produce regardless?

should be fine 4th/5th pf/c. add in a couple blks since hes been back and his lines look fine. low min suck but don't think you can find someone to offer 2 threes 2 blks on any given night that wont really hurt you any where.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DZaak said:

what's the deal with Ibaka? Is this a sell high moment? Or is what he doing sustainable?

I just got offered him and his recent numbers look very nice but i'm skeptical. 

Apparently Gasol got injured at some point in tonight's game, so Ibaka started the second half and got more run than usual. Explains his huge line tonight. I'm not sure of the extent if Gasols injury though, whether it's a short or long term injury. 

Aside from that, the previous handful of games hes played since coming back from injury are pretty much par for the course. I'd say his stocks should normally be slightly better than what theyve been since he returned. 

If Gasol is out a while,  Ibaka should get a nice bump in value. Other than that, I'd say it totally depends on your roster and your needs. I like him a lot as a bench big for my punt assist team 

Who knows.  Hamstrings could be a long term thing.  Since they are gunning for playoff success, I think they will play it on the safe side for Gasol.  The other guy is probably betting on you thinking Gasol is out a long while.  Who knows.  It's a gamble.  And Gasol was just starting to get his stocks on a roll again although no scoring.  I just want them to put him on IL sooner than later.