Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Steven Adams 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my god make a f***in free throw jeez

You don't roster The Big Kiwi for his Ironman abilities, you roster him for his garbage FT%.   He's also giving you a couple points and rebounds, along with some TO's, what exactly were you

He has 20-10 before overtime, this dudes a beast. Could win leagues if you picked him off the wire for free (shallow league) and his playing time continues to increase along with his production. Although it may bring his value down if he gets traded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Chris Kirschner of the Athletic, the Hawks have contemplated a possible trade for Steven Adams.

Alex Len will be a free agent this summer and Damian Jones may not receive a qualifying offer, meaning Bruno Fernando could be the only center under contract for 2020-21. The Thunder are undergoing a rebuild and it's been widely reported that Adams can be had in a trade, and Atlanta would be a great landing spot for him, especially for fantasy basketball. Atlanta is serious about finding Trae Young some help sooner rather than later which makes the Hawks an interesting team to monitor in the rumor mill.

 

Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

According to Chris Kirschner of the Athletic, the Hawks have contemplated a possible trade for Steven Adams.

Alex Len will be a free agent this summer and Damian Jones may not receive a qualifying offer, meaning Bruno Fernando could be the only center under contract for 2020-21. The Thunder are undergoing a rebuild and it's been widely reported that Adams can be had in a trade, and Atlanta would be a great landing spot for him, especially for fantasy basketball. Atlanta is serious about finding Trae Young some help sooner rather than later which makes the Hawks an interesting team to monitor in the rumor mill.

 

Thoughts?

This would be dope. One of only trades I can think of that would probably not hurt his value and may even improve his value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would OKC trade Adams now that they're contending for the playoffs? The original idea was that OKC must be tanking this year after Webstbrook and PG13 left, so trade him for the future. 

 

As of today, they are the 7th seed in the West if playoffs were to start tomorrow. #Adamstays 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Why would OKC trade Adams now that they're contending for the playoffs? The original idea was that OKC must be tanking this year after Webstbrook and PG13 left, so trade him for the future. 

 

As of today, they are the 7th seed in the West if playoffs were to start tomorrow. #Adamstays 

Cuz he is still valuable, this type of centers performs descending in 30+, same thing cp3, sell him as high as you can and i don't think they care about making play offs with this -rent a guy- team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cenkerdem23 said:

Cuz he is still valuable, this type of centers performs descending in 30+, same thing cp3, sell him as high as you can and i don't think they care about making play offs with this -rent a guy- team. 

 

Tell that to CP3, one of the most prideful (and sometimes cocky) players in league. He isn't the type that gives up that easily.

And who are other "this type of centers"? 

Edited by NBA_OG
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

What's your take here?

 

Adams moving makes sense his contract isn’t great and they have Noel ready to start. Getting LMA makes zero sense unless they believe they can compete with the current roster. GS and Derozan is the worst fit he can’t shoot in a team that loves the 3 ball and plays all ISO

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThisIsSparta said:

What's your take here?

 

 

I'm not so sure DeRozan on GSW makes sense, they can definitely get someone that fits them much better for DLo. But the other aspects of this sound pretty good. Adams in SA is gonna be feasting

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

how bad? is nerlens an insta pick up rn?


Really can’t tell at this point, could be a game or two but if it’s as bad as the contusion that bothered him earlier in the season it can linger and affect his production and will frustrate a lot of owners again. 

I already have Noel in my IR, but for you I’d definitely pick him up since he might be back soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...