NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marcus Morris 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope your free agent pick up is going well, droppers!

If Fitz doesn't get fired before the end of the season, I don't see Morris coming off his current averages. I don't think Fitz is going to finish the season. 

RIP Marcus Morris 2019-2020 season.    I thank you for your services. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TheOneAboveAll said:

Good flier pick. Just don’t expect him to contribute later in the season when they shift to youth development mode. 

This, good late round pick for deep leagues (14+) looking for points. U are probably better off using ur last pick on rookies / higher upside players in a 12 man

Edited by IT2
  • Like 1

Knicks are going to be awful, so expecting them to roll out someone who is 30 when almost everyone else on the team is younger and 80% of their team seems to be wing players seems unlikely.  Randle, Gibson, and Portis take up the 4, Morris, Knox, Bullock, Ellington, and Brazdeikis share the 3.  Just not liking his odds as the season progresses.  Might be someone you can pick low and try to sell high on, but he's a known commodity at this point.  As others have stated, I'd rather take a flier on someone with more upside, personally.    

2 hours ago, Kriggly said:

Knicks are going to be awful, so expecting them to roll out someone who is 30 when almost everyone else on the team is younger and 80% of their team seems to be wing players seems unlikely.  Randle, Gibson, and Portis take up the 4, Morris, Knox, Bullock, Ellington, and Brazdeikis share the 3.  Just not liking his odds as the season progresses.  Might be someone you can pick low and try to sell high on, but he's a known commodity at this point.  As others have stated, I'd rather take a flier on someone with more upside, personally.    

It's the Knicks. They'll do what's unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 11:32 PM, Kriggly said:

So you're saying my Knox pick isn't a total waste?

So this guy always manages to find his way to starting minutes with a somewhat lackluster game. Still it can barely qualify as 1/1/1/1/1 and he can do it pretty consistently. 

On the wasteland of the Knicks you can do worse on the wire. 

i’m not guna lie, i was high on him going into the season but didn’t draft him because i took taurean prince as my last pick, so he went undrafted..

after tonight i decided to drop deandre jordan for him.

i expect big things ROS. 

4 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

So this guy always manages to find his way to starting minutes with a somewhat lackluster game. Still it can barely qualify as 1/1/1/1/1 and he can do it pretty consistently. 

On the wasteland of the Knicks you can do worse on the wire. 

Would rather take a flier on PJ Wash though

15 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i’m not guna lie, i was high on him going into the season but didn’t draft him because i took taurean prince as my last pick, so he went undrafted..

after tonight i decided to drop deandre jordan for him.

i expect big things ROS. 

Even with Portis, Randle, Gibson, Robinson on the squad? 

50 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Even with Portis, Randle, Gibson, Robinson on the squad? 

He played 39 minutes with Gibson/Portis/Randle in the lineup.

In any case those guys are all PF/C, looks like Morris is starting at SF.

i was able to swing a trade of him + bacon for thomas bryant.. 

i am a big believer of his still, so i think he’ll keep putting up nice lines all season.. but that was too good a trade to pass up. 

enjoy the better of the morris twins tho.

Edited by COBBLEPOT
2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Why do I get the feeling he’ll command Fizdale’s respect? Every other guy I can see Fizdale yanking in and out of the rotation, the lineup. 35 minutes one night, 20 the next night. But not Morris, for some reason.

Well he's like one of the only proven vets on this team, and he's just coming out of a good stint in BOS fresh off battling in the playoffs.

It really helps that he's playing well too, who wants to listen to a fuddy duddy 10 yr vet icing his knees at the end of the bench.

Fizdale yanking Morris for shiz and giggles would end any respect any player would ever have for him.

Alas, the Knicks are still garbage.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Marcus Morris 2019-2020 Outlook