NBC Sports Edge Forums

Moritz Wagner 2019-2020 Outlook

How does Rotoworld (Mike Gallagher) not even mention Wagner’s foul rate in its Waiver Wire column. I mean, I like Wagner as much as anyone, but the foul rate is a significant hurdle to increased minutes.

Moritz Wagner (29%) - Once Wagner is over his ankle issue, he has a clear path to all the minutes he can handle. While Wagner has zero minutes next to Thomas Bryant, now that Bryant is out for at least three weeks he could be looking at 30-plus minutes.Wagner leads qualifiers in TS% at 70.8% and he also plays at one of the fastest paces in the league at 109.5 -- the Wizards play fast overall. If he does get 30 minutes, his extrapolated stats over 30 minutes would be 18.5 points, 8.7 boards, 2.2 dimes and 0.8 treys on his stellar 61/43/84 shooting line. He’s an easy add everywhere, and maybe if he really shines he can earn some PF minutes -- he saw some spot time there in the preseason.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a Wagner owner too but this post makes you sound like a douchebag tbh. 

Words are just words. Post a video of yourself praying.   Source:  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

How does Rotoworld (Mike Gallagher) not even mention Wagner’s foul rate in its Waiver Wire column. I mean, I like Wagner as much as anyone, but the foul rate is a significant hurdle to increased minutes.

Moritz Wagner (29%) - Once Wagner is over his ankle issue, he has a clear path to all the minutes he can handle. While Wagner has zero minutes next to Thomas Bryant, now that Bryant is out for at least three weeks he could be looking at 30-plus minutes.Wagner leads qualifiers in TS% at 70.8% and he also plays at one of the fastest paces in the league at 109.5 -- the Wizards play fast overall. If he does get 30 minutes, his extrapolated stats over 30 minutes would be 18.5 points, 8.7 boards, 2.2 dimes and 0.8 treys on his stellar 61/43/84 shooting line. He’s an easy add everywhere, and maybe if he really shines he can earn some PF minutes -- he saw some spot time there in the preseason.

The hype is out of control. If anyone is expecting that type of production they're going to be severely disappointed.

9 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

The hype is out of control. If anyone is expecting that type of production they're going to be severely disappointed.

I think it's very reasonable, here is a list of players who have averaged 18.5/8.7/2.2 with 0.8 threes in a season:

Larry Bird, Dominique Wilkins, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Chris Webber, Antoine Walker, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Kevin Love, DeMarcus Cousins, Karl Anthony Towns, Joel Embiid, Russell Westbrook, Anthony Davis, Nikola Vucevic, Nikola Jokic.

He fits right in.

Here's a list of people who have done so shooting 60% FG:

[]

GOAT season incoming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Correct me if i'm wrong, but am I right in thinking that even if this is a blow out, the Wizards have literally no-one else to play at the 5 except no-achilles Mahinmi? And Rui who is playing at the 4 anyway? His minutes are blowout proof?

36 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

His hype was never justified. Too many sheep in here blindly follow scrubs like josh lloyd and Gallagher 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

His hype was never justified. Too many sheep in here blindly follow scrubs like josh lloyd and Gallagher 

Blasphemy!! Keep Lloyd's name out ya mouth biiiiiiiiiiiiih

13 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but am I right in thinking that even if this is a blow out, the Wizards have literally no-one else to play at the 5 except no-achilles Mahinmi? And Rui who is playing at the 4 anyway? His minutes are blowout proof?

They used Rui I believe and plan on using him more there lol

Just now, richg24 said:

lmao his per game value on the season is already higher than Adams, Thompson, JJJ and Rui, so maybe you should have listened to them and picked this dude up for your scrub team.

Well he is playing against a good defensive team coming off ankle injury. I will say at least give him 3 games to see if keep him or not. If you are gonna drop him, do it. I am holding. I think he has every opportunity to stuff the stat in this crappy team. 

3 minutes ago, JStyles said:

lmao his per game value on the season is already higher than Adams, Thompson, JJJ and Rui, so maybe you should have listened to them and picked this dude up for your scrub team.

Lol are you saying you would rather have wagner than Adams or JJJ?  Lollllll