NBC Sports Edge Forums

Moritz Wagner 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Bruh you have seen what they are expecting... they are expecting Ghallager predictions or even their own higher predictions of like 17-10-3 with 1 block 1 steal 1.5 3s, a.k.a they expecting Vucevic from some bench wire player

Yeah, those expectations are way too ridiculous considering he’s playing against starters now. 

With that being said, Rui’s line doesn’t look as good if you consider that he got that line in 43 minutes. If Wagner got that much time then it wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume he’d have a monster line too.

Only one game so far for Moe anyway, let’s just enjoy the ride for the next month or so before TB comes back. But if they keep winning like this, he might even stick in the starting lineup as well...

• Like 1
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a Wagner owner too but this post makes you sound like a douchebag tbh. 

Words are just words. Post a video of yourself praying.   Source:  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Yeah, those expectations are way too ridiculous considering he’s playing against starters now. 

With that being said, Rui’s line doesn’t look as good if you consider that he got that line in 43 minutes. If Wagner got that much time then it wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume he’d have a monster line too.

Only one game so far for Moe anyway, let’s just enjoy the ride for the next month or so before TB comes back. But if they keep winning like this, he might even stick in the starting lineup as well...

The thing is though is that it seems Rui will be playing huge minutes while Bryant is out. Last 3 games, 38, 38, and 43 mins. I agree with you that Rui is no world beater, but he is trending up nicely and he's a touted lottery pick, compared to Wagner who is a nobody so far. 

I'm not even saying Wagner will suck...he played well in his role previously, but what I'm saying is that maybe he won't improve those numbers much as a starter, and especially if Brooks still limits him to 25 mins, that means Brooks doesn't like him as much as this forum does obviously. 

Wagner is getting way too much attention anyway, people should already be putting their attention on Hayes who is looking more and more beast all the time and could start to run away with the C job in NO. He's the much better add right now

Edited by richg24

When Favours comes back Hayes will have spotty minutes. Night to night the Pelicans rotation is a mess. In comparison Wagner’s only real positional competition at the moment is no achilles Mahimi. Hayes has a lot of blocks upside, but I can see him playing mid 20 mins one night with over 2 blocks and good rebounds and the next night only play 10 minutes or dnp. 

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

The thing is though is that it seems Rui will be playing huge minutes while Bryant is out. Last 3 games, 38, 38, and 43 mins. I agree with you that Rui is no world beater, but he is trending up nicely and he's a touted lottery pick, compared to Wagner who is a nobody so far. 

I'm not even saying Wagner will suck...he played well in his role previously, but what I'm saying is that maybe he won't improve those numbers much as a starter, and especially if Brooks still limits him to 25 mins, that means Brooks doesn't like him as much as this forum does obviously. 

Wagner is getting way too much attention anyway, people should already be putting their attention on Hayes who is looking more and more beast all the time and could start to run away with the C job in NO. He's the much better add right now

Ok - now I am not saying Wagner is Jokic or has his talent so please do not assume or claim or confuse that I am.  Just the example that popped in my head.  2nd round pick Jokic was not a touted lottery pick, but his rookie year, he played his way into more minutes. 

2nd round pick Draymond (also not saying Wagner has his talent) played his way into minutes his third year. 

These things happen. 1st round 25th pick Wagner in his second year could play his way into more minutes.  Its not a guaranteed he will, but its not guaranteed he wont.   

He could break out during this period.  He may not.  The numbers he was producing in limited minutes were pretty good.  If 25 minutes per night is the max he gets (which who really knows because it was just 1 game), its still more than he was getting before so the opportunity will be there.  

I don't think any level-headed person is expecting per-36 numbers from him, or the ridiculous numbers Gallagher is trying to propagate.  But the attention is the possibility that he will put up better numbers than before (and is that really a bad thing if its only a little better?) and the attention is warranted due to what he has done up to this point this year. 

If you have watched him play more than once you can see he has talent.  Do you not think he has talent?  Why would Hayes be the much better add when Wagner already has the starting job for at least 3 weeks and more than likely longer?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Jackdean33 said:

Have to wait 12 hours to get this guy through the waivers, assuming no one else has bid. Praying that is the case and he only has an ok game today as I’m 9/10 in the waiver wire. 

thanks for that jinx bruh, your 9th waiver ain't doing nuttin.

great game from KAT light.  

6 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Good all around game, only 4 fouls in 25+ min so far. On a side note, this Heat commentator can't tell the difference between Bertans and Wagner, keeps swapping their names lol

He sure did. This is why the excitement was there.

I live in Maryland so for Wizards games I have the distinct pleasure of listening to the purely awful Drew Gooden and his “calibration”

• Haha 1

Over the past month TT has been the 120th ranked player, which is the high end of what he has been his whole career.  That falls more into streaming territory, which people usually drop for free agents like Wagner.  

FWIW bbm has him ranked ROS right around where Rui and Wagner are.  

Mo looked good tonight...no regrets here.  

Worth dropping Bryant for him on waivers? I'm in a 10-team points league, no IR, not deep. I think I can survive with him taking my slot, but just wondering if Wagner is worth adding. If he continues to play well, would Bryant take a bench role later during the fantasy playoffs? Or possible that Wagner starts with Bryant together?

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

He sure did. This is why the excitement was there.

I live in Maryland so for Wizards games I have the distinct pleasure of listening to the purely awful Drew Gooden and his “calibration”

Ish with the swish.

58 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Over the past month TT has been the 120th ranked player, which is the high end of what he has been his whole career.  That falls more into streaming territory, which people usually drop for free agents like Wagner.  

FWIW bbm has him ranked ROS right around where Rui and Wagner are.  

Mo looked good tonight...no regrets here.  

TT streaming territory? What? Lol maybe in a 10 teamer. 

Performed way better than I expected out the gate, against two tough matchups.

Thought Embiid would foul him out and post a dud.

Thought tonight might've got his season avg's but with more TO's.

Unsure about the Clips, but has a favorable matchup coming against the Hornets, looking forward to that.

• Like 1
Just now, SkalChriston said:

Performed way better than I expected out the gate, against two tough matchups.

Thought Embiid would foul him out and post a dud.

Thought tonight might've got his season avg's but with more TO's.

Unsure about the Clips, but has a favorable matchup coming against the Hornets, looking forward to that.

LAC don't have the best C defenders 

3 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

19 and 10 with 2 steals and a three against a tough Miami defense.  Funny part is his three point shot is still off right now. Once those start to drop the lines will be looking really nice. 

I agree, but where are you getting dbl-dbl from? All the boxes I'm looking at say he was 1 rebound short. 

6 hours ago, laurilegend said:

thanks for that jinx bruh, your 9th waiver ain't doing nuttin.

great game from KAT light.  

He got through!!

Have handcuffed him to Bryant now. Ross, Powell, Osman and Hart all picked up last 4 days but no one put the waiver bid on Wagner. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jackdean33 said:

He got through!!

Have handcuffed him to Bryant now. Ross, Powell, Osman and Hart all picked up last 4 days but no one put the waiver bid on Wagner. 

Bunch of dummies. I'm in the process of trading Fournier for him. I have Bryant too.

• Like 1