NBC Sports Edge Forums

Moritz Wagner 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a Wagner owner too but this post makes you sound like a douchebag tbh. 

Words are just words. Post a video of yourself praying.   Source:  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I'm sure you can drop and be able to grab for next seek. Just not enough to warrant a hold this week especially when you still have some teams with 3 games available on the ww that are doing better.

Was thinking this too, but I wouldn't wanna drop him and he suddenly explodes next game. If anything, just give him one more game and drop accordingly, unless you're really losing your matchup pretty bad, that is.

2 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Was thinking this too, but I wouldn't wanna drop him and he suddenly explodes next game. If anything, just give him one more game and drop accordingly, unless you're really losing your matchup pretty bad, that is.

Yeah he's vsing another fast pace memphis team... with Brandon Clarke available on ww for 3 more games he offers more upside imo.. [yes he's still available due to that unexpected 3 week news, owner didn't want to be hancuff with no IR spots avaiable, but hearing me might play tomorrow is intriguing]

4 hours ago, CrockPot said:

Possible his ankle isn't fully healed.  At least he didn't really hurt anywhere with percentages or TOs.  If he knocked down one of his 3s, this would be a pretty solid line.  I'll take this as his floor any day.

Except its not his floor, as we saw last game.  

On 12/5/2019 at 7:33 PM, richg24 said:

His hype was never justified. Too many sheep in here blindly follow scrubs like josh lloyd and Gallagher 

Looks like I have been right so far. Last 4 games without Bryant he is averaging 10-8-1 with 0.6 3s, 0.8 stls, and 0.2 blocks in 25 mpg. Being dropped in most leagues already, yet half the posters in this thread would have had everyone believe he was going to average better numbers than Deandre Ayton did last season. 

3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Looks like I have been right so far. Last 4 games without Bryant he is averaging 10-8-1 with 0.6 3s, 0.8 stls, and 0.2 blocks in 25 mpg. Being dropped in most leagues already, yet half the posters in this thread would have had everyone believe he was going to average better numbers than Deandre Ayton did last season. 

It's a hard, complex case.  The kind that no matter how much research you do can turn out the other way.  I dropped him in 12 team after talking him up for weeks.  For now it appears he's at odds with his coach and in a bit of a mental funk plus he's got a gimpy ankle.  

Monitor the situation closely especially if you have a build that is reliant on percentages as he is the rare big that helps on both.  Some teams in 12 teamers probably have a guy they can safely cut that is worse than Wagner now and down the road.  Wagner is still a low end asset even at his current production for 12+ team leagues.

3 hours ago, laurilegend said:

It's a hard, complex case.  The kind that no matter how much research you do can turn out the other way.  I dropped him in 12 team after talking him up for weeks.  For now it appears he's at odds with his coach and in a bit of a mental funk plus he's got a gimpy ankle.  

Monitor the situation closely especially if you have a build that is reliant on percentages as he is the rare big that helps on both.  Some teams in 12 teamers probably have a guy they can safely cut that is worse than Wagner now and down the road.  Wagner is still a low end asset even at his current production for 12+ team leagues.

Completely agree. Dropped for Dejounte in my 12-man but will monitor.

Brooks is the worst.

I think Wagner has been the same player, but a lot of you had the expectation too high. In the 4 starts so far he's averaging:

25 minutes, 10 points, 8 rebounds, almost 1 three, steal, and assist. 

Let's then look at his opponents:

• Sixers - Embiid and the #5 best defensive team (based on defensive ratings)
  • Heat - Adebayo and the #4 best defensive team
  • Clippers - #3 best defensive team
  • Hornets - #17 best 

Let him get a few games against average and below-average teams and that will be the better representation of what he can do as a starter. 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, FearTheBrow said:

Apparently he has an ankle issue and sat out today’s practice... yikes 

He tweaked it last week and apparently tried to come back too soon.  Mo is a dog he'll try and fight through pain but in this case obviously he shouldn't have.

Edited by laurilegend
9 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Or...maybe 12 teamer.

Nah he’s good for 12’s. Just a bad game tonight and being benched for getting into it verbally with the coach didn’t help.