NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malcolm Brogdon 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

He's not even bothering to get a steal now.  What is going on with him.  I knew he would be impacted by Dipo coming back, but he isn't even trying anymore. 

I don't think Dipo is affecting him too much. His shot is not falling right now, and we historically now he's a good shooter. Great buy-low option.

• Like 1
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup you must be able to tell the future  #rookie 

Give him the injury tag please. Out 2 more games.

It's not like I'm saying I'll drop Porzingis because hes out. Other than the 1st month, he has not been setting the world on fire, correct? Poor fg, assists dropped, lack of stocks...Plus looking at h

12 minutes ago, Jake97 said:

His shot is not falling for the whole season, except for November. Constant minor injuries, poor fg%, no steals. Very frustrating to own this year but still undroppable I guess.

Still don't believe he's suddenly become a bad shooter. Odds are he'll bounce back, and of course he's not droppable.

• Like 1

He'll come back to normal just like Mike Conley did.  It'll take some time for him to mesh with Dipo too since he was used to being the main man to start, and then got hurt and never regained his mojo.  Season is only half over, so it should not be a problem. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, simon said:

would brogdon owners accept straight swap for, say, christian wood?

Depends on what the rest of my Brogdon team looked like. 

On 2/11/2020 at 3:05 AM, vnmslsrbms said:

He'll come back to normal just like Mike Conley did.  It'll take some time for him to mesh with Dipo too since he was used to being the main man to start, and then got hurt and never regained his mojo.  Season is only half over, so it should not be a problem. 

54/82 games is 66% over. Out of fantasy regular season it's 82% over. 

His shooting will bounce back but the season is well past half over. Per bbref, his usage % before Dipo was 26.3%, after it's 22.9%. And Dipo's usage will probably continue to rise.  

Not saying sell because this is probably selling at the bottom, but I would not buy low with the expectation that he'll be the player he was earlier this season. That time is gone now barring injuries to the rest of the Pacers squad. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, simon said:

how so?

Well, if I don’t need Wood then there would be no reason to make the trade. 

52 minutes ago, simon said:

would brogdon owners accept straight swap for, say, christian wood?

I own both guys. And this is pretty interesting, if I really needed a big, and was guard heavy, I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Straight up value, I still like Brogdon more, but with team needs/build in play, it’s close.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, simon said:

All the ROS projections for Brogdon i've seen are bleak: 15.5pts, 4.5reb, 6 to 7 asts, 0.7 to 0.8 stls, 45%fg, 90%ft

Top 60 to top 80.

TBH that's kinda what I drafted him to be anyway.  Just too bad cuz the way he was playing, he was going to win some championships, but I don't think anyone expected it to last.  As long as his FG% holds steady and stays healthy I'm OK with him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guys drops back to back 20 point games just to get hurt again. He’s such a tease. Just when I needed him the most too. Putting on my DND list next year. Love the President, but he’s too injury prone for fantasy purposes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoahsArc said:

This guys drops back to back 20 point games just to get hurt again. He’s such a tease. Just when I needed him the most too. Putting on my DND list next year. Love the President, but he’s too injury prone for fantasy purposes.

You're right.  I was excited about his move to the pacers but ignored his injury history.  Sigh.  Just hope he finishes strong, but it's not likely.