NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Culver 2019-2020 Outlook

48 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I'd wait until after the deadline for a clearer look. Dlo coming might still be a thing, who knows.

that'll be hard.  Who would they trade for DLo?  They just gave away Covington for a bunch of nobodies and a first round pick.  Maybe they'll hire back Kahn and give away Towns and let the Dubs form a new superteam while Kahn drafts another 5 PGs who all have severe flaws.  Nuggets great deal, didn't give up anything of value yet still got a first round pick. 

I think Culver is going to get to do whatever he wants as the third wheel.  Which means mostly sucking and sprinkling in some 4 game 20 pt streaks. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another overhyped waiver wire add bites the dust. Who will sabotage my team next week? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z

He's only getting better 

So you're gonna risk missing out on a season long impact maker for 1 game of a guy like Troy Brown?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I think Culver is going to get to do whatever he wants as the third wheel.  Which means mostly sucking and sprinkling in some 4 game 20 pt streaks. 

That pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately he seems like an awful fit next to KAT :(

5 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

That pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately he seems like an awful fit next to KAT :(

With his current skill level he's not much of a fit next to anyone, but the potential really is there.  How can he shoot 45% FTs?  Regardless I'm taking a flyer on him LOL> 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

Not going to hurt to add him just to see how his role evolves without Napier. I believe they still have a hole at SF so hopefully Beasley and him take up different positions.

It honestly could hurt a lot when you cut someone and replace them with a guy shooting 38% fg and 45% ft.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

It honestly could hurt a lot when you cut someone and replace them with a guy shooting 38% fg and 45% ft.

True but it all depends on your build. His value lies mainly with his stocks and sprinkle of 3s. Heck, maybe he might start getting some play-making responsibilities with Napier gone.

He will most definitely be the wing to replace Covington. They love him. 

Will be looking at 30-35 minutes this year. Not sure how the points fill fizzle out, but I'm guessing something like 13-6-3-2-1.5 with 1.5 treys and possibly terrible %'s

Edited by Travis Burten
  • Like 1

When he is not shooting well, he is not been getting minutes lately. And he has had a lot of 2/7, 3/9 shooting nights recently.

Seems like when he gets 30 minutes+, he puts up decent stats.

This guy seems like a hard worker. And is active on the court. 

I'm not sure if it all comes together for him this year.

If the wolves don't make anymore trades, they have a lot of young players to evaluate the ROS.

You would think that Culver is going to get minutes. Will he become more efficient with his time on the court?

49 minutes ago, rabaak said:

When he is not shooting well, he is not been getting minutes lately. And he has had a lot of 2/7, 3/9 shooting nights recently.

Seems like when he gets 30 minutes+, he puts up decent stats.

This guy seems like a hard worker. And is active on the court. 

I'm not sure if it all comes together for him this year.

If the wolves don't make anymore trades, they have a lot of young players to evaluate the ROS.

You would think that Culver is going to get minutes. Will he become more efficient with his time on the court?

He's gonna get a ton of minutes moving forward . But I just don't think this is the year for him, at least in re draft . Expect a super inconsistent game , with %'s all over the place . But in deep leagues definitely worth a grab . His assists should go up , isn't he the starting PG now since Bazz got shipped out . 

12 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

He's gonna get a ton of minutes moving forward . But I just don't think this is the year for him, at least in re draft . Expect a super inconsistent game , with %'s all over the place . But in deep leagues definitely worth a grab . His assists should go up , isn't he the starting PG now since Bazz got shipped out . 

Probably, I think Beasley is more of a shooting guard. McLaughlin is a point guard. But who knows if they will play Malik at the point too.

• Like 1