NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Culver 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another overhyped waiver wire add bites the dust. Who will sabotage my team next week? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z

He's only getting better 

So you're gonna risk missing out on a season long impact maker for 1 game of a guy like Troy Brown?

Posted Images

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jarrett Culver 2019-2020 Outlook

What is up with Culver's shooting, particularly on free throws? I have not watched him play, so does something seem wrong or does he just seem to be in an extreme slump he will come out of? I have him in a couple dynasty leagues 37% from the floor and 36% from the line is killing his value for this year. I know it is a small sample size, but 36% is alarming. How worried should I be?

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Can someone cite something good about Culver’s performance so far in his career? His numbers are horrific.

The only true positive I can cite right now is opportunity and he’s getting it. Throw in the fact that he’s a building block that they want to see and you have yourself someone w/ upside at the end of your bench. He may never pan out and improve on his %’s but many of us know how a rookie (6th overall) getting early burn now could carry teams come fantasy playoff time. 
I’m jus sayin’

Dropped PJW for him, he seems to have a clearer road to minutes going forward especially given what happened to Teague. I can definitely stomach the bad %s since I’m punting FT anyway and have enough FG anchors too. 

Seems like someone who can be very productive as the season goes, he’s great next to Wiggins, a high draft pick, and I don’t see how he can’t improve with more opportunity. 

Edited by m1dday

He's a rookie (20 years old!!) and sometimes all they need is an opportunity or the confidence that the team believes in him. I bet being told that you are a starter and a starter for the foreseeable future would give any young player a world of confidence. The team sees him as a building block for the future hopefully he acclimates himself to the starting lineup and keeps building on each performance. Also, the one skill that always translates accurately from the college to the pros is his free throw shooting. He shot 71% in his final year from the charity stripe and is no where close to that this year. Whatever he has going on this year he needs to fix.

Edited by RafiBomb
  • Like 1

Culver needs a few more years to iron out his shot, the percentages won’t be pretty not because he’s slowly gaining confidence, but because he has a pronounced shoulder hitch that causes him to miss badly. 

over time when he cleans that up (and he will), he’ll be a serious fantasy asset. 

• Thanks 1

This year's Donny Mitch!!!

Well I'll take 75% of that as the last guy on my bench and wooooooooweeeeee

sniped him last night w/ the quickness and started him, very excited, lottery kid who has the coach's confidence...very cool....

the team believes in him, enough to where Teague goes yea man, I get it, its better if he starts...it opens up the floor for Teague as well in the 2nd unit...

PG SG SF here we come... 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

Coach actually said he wants to keep the ball in Wiggins hand more, and likes Culver's fit next to him. 

I imagine they probably want to lower Wiggins' minutes too. 

Man, I hope Culver takes more of Teague's minutes. If he could get to 30mpg, he'll be straight money.

9 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Can someone cite something good about Culver’s performance so far in his career? His numbers are horrific.

He’s taking over starting job. Opportunity and situation is key. If you always go by numbers then you’ll miss out on the Luka’s of the world like all the number people did this year. 

• Like 1