NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Culver 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, Basketboss21 said:

Love him, but he's not relevant in Category leagues, unless you are punting FG%, FT% and TO. In that case, you are probably last in the rankings as well.

Stunningly bad percentages: 37.3% FG and 43.2% FT. Is there literally any single player with worse FG and FT in the league? Plenty of low FT but high FG around (Dwight, DeAndre).

His TOs seem fine though. Averaging just 1.4 on the season, and 1.0 since he took the starting gig.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another overhyped waiver wire add bites the dust. Who will sabotage my team next week? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z

He's only getting better 

So you're gonna risk missing out on a season long impact maker for 1 game of a guy like Troy Brown?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Basketboss21 said:

Love him, but he's not relevant in Category leagues, unless you are punting FG%, FT% and TO. In that case, you are probably last in the rankings as well.

He's actually amazing in category leagues. This is because he regularly fills every category. Yes his percentages are bad but most guard have bad fg% and his volume is not that high that he will swing weeks for you. He also barely ever gets to the line. As an example even with his bad percentages so far this week my fg% is 49 and ft% 85. 13 players on a team. Good teams can handle 2 or 3 fg drains (if not more). 

Guys don't listen to this dude Culver is only going to get better and he a is a 9 cat contributor which is rare and even more rare for a guard. Will be fantasy gold. Must add in 10 team + run don't walk

Edited by richg24
8 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Guys don't listen to this dude Culver is only going to get better and he a is a 9 cat contributor which is rare and even more rare for a guard. Will be fantasy gold. Must add in 10 team + run don't walk

In bigger than 10 teamers or 10 team leagues included?

3 hours ago, D3K91 said:

Stunningly bad percentages: 37.3% FG and 43.2% FT. Is there literally any single player with worse FG and FT in the league? Plenty of low FT but high FG around (Dwight, DeAndre).

His TOs seem fine though. Averaging just 1.4 on the season, and 1.0 since he took the starting gig.

His FT pct in college was 70pct. I think he is just taking some time evolving into an NBA player. 

October FG 26%/FT 20%

November FG 37%/FT 45%

December FG 45.5%/FT 50%

He's gotten better every month. 50pct FT is still an abomination, don't get me wrong, but he is trending in the right direction in just about every statistical category and the Twolves, despite Teague returning, are sticking with Culver in the starting lineup. 

43 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

By what measure? It’s an honest question. Are we talking eye test, statwise, etc?

I say his comfortability with his new position, the first unit, his fantasy points! (at least in my points league) His confidence, his minutes and his scoring totals...percentages will follow... he adds to most cats each night....skys the limit for this lottery pick... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

It takes skill to handle these types of players. If you don't know what you're doing, you mind as well keep it moving.

Ain't that the truth .... I think he's a run don't walk for a points league & in 9-cat more of a wait and see approach . Which is exactly how I went about it . Currently his %'s are just so bad where it won't fit my team build. Especially nursing injuries currently. I mean someone who has his/her FG% anchored heavily , shouldn't bother you too much . 

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

10 team included. if your roster is up to date in sig, drop fultz for Culver and do it quick

Drop Fultz?? Cmon man I like Culver and I own him too but that's terrible advice. Fultz has been top 100 the past month and top 90 the past two weeks and is clearly improving every game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

Drop Fultz?? Cmon man I like Culver and I own him too but that's terrible advice. Fultz has been top 100 the past month and top 90 the past two weeks and is clearly improving every game.

everyone is different but i don't have pg's that don't hit 3s on my team. also fultz is playing his best ball right now and can barely crack top 100. I prefer culver's out of position stats (blocks, rebs) over fultz higher scoring

• Like 1
2 hours ago, richg24 said:

everyone is different but i don't have pg's that don't hit 3s on my team. also fultz is playing his best ball right now and can barely crack top 100. I prefer culver's out of position stats (blocks, rebs) over fultz higher scoring

This can definitely bite you in the a**.