NBC Sports Edge Forums

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the little amount of time he’s been on the court, wow. Stat stuffing like he’s diving into some dime piece pussssy

Favors also anchors you in INJs per game.🤣

Pts league bby

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JormaJormala said:

Drop City. Maybe the most definite drop city ever. If you have owned him every season, you would agree.

Idk why you would drop a guy who has a game today (let alone a game against the warriors) but you do you

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

he can shoot, has unlimited range, the shot selection is a problem and something that will be taken care of with time but undoubtedly he has quite some range for his age and is shooting much better with each game

to add to this, he def is a better shooter at this moment than dsj, frank and elfrid

If someone is shooting 27% from 3, having / thinking that you have unlimited range is a bad thing.

We should all be patient for at least a few games (Possibly into 2020 if you can afford to roster Elf). Knicks are a mess right now and I was one of many hoping Fizdale's firing would catapult the under performing players instantly. So far it hasn't happened. Elf isn't playing many minutes (Could also be related to him coming back from injury). I own Mitch Robinson as well and know how much he blew up at the end of last season, thus why he was pre-ranked high, but he's still coming off the bench.

With Elfrid, if you watched him play and owned him when he was playing in Orlando, he was pretty much Rondo-lite. He can somewhat score, rebound, get you dimes and a handful of steals. Pretty valuable stats for the PG position. I think that is what's making everyone hold onto Payton, because we all know what he's capable of. The issue with fantasy is everyone's patience. At this point, it's going to be a 50/50 gamble to hold onto him. You're either going to look like a genius dropping him as he continues to stink, or shoot yourself for dropping him when he's going of. Like I said, if you can afford it, don't drop him for at least a month and see how the Knicks pan out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Lmao. Stephen Curry and Ray Allen have unlimited range. Carmelo Anthony definitely has a limit. Like if you cut half court in half then maybe.

dude, lamelo ball...

3 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

We should all be patient for at least a few games (Possibly into 2020 if you can afford to roster Elf). Knicks are a mess right now and I was one of many hoping Fizdale's firing would catapult the under performing players instantly. So far it hasn't happened. Elf isn't playing many minutes (Could also be related to him coming back from injury). I own Mitch Robinson as well and know how much he blew up at the end of last season, thus why he was pre-ranked high, but he's still coming off the bench.

With Elfrid, if you watched him play and owned him when he was playing in Orlando, he was pretty much Rondo-lite. He can somewhat score, rebound, get you dimes and a handful of steals. Pretty valuable stats for the PG position. I think that is what's making everyone hold onto Payton, because we all know what he's capable of. The issue with fantasy is everyone's patience. At this point, it's going to be a 50/50 gamble to hold onto him. You're either going to look like a genius dropping him as he continues to stink, or shoot yourself for dropping him when he's going of. Like I said, if you can afford it, don't drop him for at least a month and see how the Knicks pan out. 

Unfortunately, most fantasy GMs don't think NBA players are human. They want their players to play 40 minutes the moment they return to action. 

11 hours ago, 7614 said:

I know what clip you are talking about and it’s kinda funny that you think Young was impressive. The guy was carrying the ball every possession. DSJ hasn’t been great offensively but he’s shown some flashes and he’s been playing decent on ball defence. He can be a good player, but he’s not going to do that on this team. There’s to many selfish vets. Knicks suck because their whole team is stretch 4 bigs now and nobody shares the ball. They actually have guys with defensive potential, but they just can’t make shots to save their life. DSJ isn’t the best but calling him a YMCA guy is just disrespectful, how many guys at your local gym have his athleticism? 

Haha.  OKOK yes I was exaggerating for effect.  I did say DSJ is super athletic, but that's part of his problem, since he was just dunking over everyone he didn't develop his basketball skills properly.  But his skill level is low for a NBA guy that's for sure.  And yes any NBA guy will demolish YMCA guys.  College guys are pretty much gods in that scenario already, much less a NBA guy.  IMO, DSJ needs to focus on one thing he can improve on, every year, and in 3 years he would be good (I'm not saying I should tell him what to do, but for some reason he hasn't really improved).  Say he improves his outside shooting one year.  Court vision/running plays the next.  Defensive intensity another.  He has the talent.  Right now he's good for maybe a backup PG.  Also, if you don't think Young is impressive, just look at his actual NBA stats/game.  I'm not saying his game was impressive from that clip, just that he looked like he was playing in slow motion and easily beating the competition while DSJ was kind of lost, which is weird for a NBA caliber guy.  For one, it sucks that he went through the Mavs who I didn't think developed him properly.  Look at Fultz, who's now playing well with the Knicks.  But I think Fultz has been working in his own way though.  DSJ hasn't shown much improvement in his 3rd year. 

• Like 1

holy f--- they play 4 power forwards... two ******** PG available and yet they dont even ******** play either one to end the second... f--- this team this idiot coach didnt watch how fidzdale did his line up .. my God its embarrassing when Charlotte and the heat have already slightly made improvements to there season.. fucckkckckc

On 12/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, Espoiral said:

Y'know I really agree with you and I've also said time and time again that Payton deserves these minutes but if the Knicks do not act rationally when tanking I think it's fair to assume they wouldn't act rationally when trying to win. 

Just playing devils' advocate considering they didn't even give him garbage time minutes just to help his conditioning out there. I don't even know what can help this team anymore.

lol. True. You got me there, not going to argue with the Knicks doing irrational things until the very end