NBC Sports Edge Forums

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the little amount of time he’s been on the court, wow. Stat stuffing like he’s diving into some dime piece pussssy

Favors also anchors you in INJs per game.🤣

Pts league bby

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

on the actual game, wow is Randle a black hole, dude was literally jumping into Elf to take rebounds away that Elf pretty much had in his hands, and then Randle was initiating some pick n rolls while Elf stood at the 3pt line hahah no wonder the knicks signed randle smh

if randle would go away the trip dubs would happen more

They had a fast break where Randle could have pushed it up the wing to Payton to take advantage. Instead Randle just slowed everything down and  let the defense get set up so he could take his patented drive into traffic with no idea what to do next.  

If they had gotten a wing instead of Randle their whole team would look better, not just Elf but Mitch too. Morris is fine spacing at the four. Randle really is just a black hole. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, markdash said:

Everyone's fond of saying "play to the whistle" but if you're up 18 with 40 seconds left there's no need to be pouncing on inbounds and jacking up threes with 22 seconds on the shot clock. You're not going to affect the outcome of the game and may only lead to a player getting hurt. Just let the clock run for pete's sake

What inbounds? Dude dropped it on the floor. What do you expect Crowder to do? Maybe the Knicks should try playing basketball. It may be 3 months too late (or 3 years too late) but this situation wouldn't have happened in the first place.

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

What inbounds? Dude dropped it on the floor. What do you expect Crowder to do? Maybe the Knicks should try playing basketball. It may be 3 months too late (or 3 years too late) but this situation wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Personally i expect Crowder to run down to the other end of the floor like everyone else knowing that the game is over but thats just me haha

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

If your up by 20 run to the end of the court conserve energy and the game will be over soon. If you have ever played sports you would know that. Crowder situation makes sense if it’s a close game and the game could go either way.  Like was mentioned, your up 20 what is you pressing full court defense for with 40 seconds left. What’s the end goal?

I have no issue with him stealing the ball, the inbounder didn't even attempt to throw the ball to Payton. What I do take issue with is the fact that after Crowder stole the ball it looked like he was going to run out the clock, which caused the Knicks players to relax. He then proceeded to run to the three point line and jack up a shot. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

whats Paytons ROS outlook like - rekcon he could get traded? would he be safer or riskier then say a reggie Jackson 

Both equally risky imo. Either could get traded, either could start the rest of the way given their respective front offices. 

10 hours ago, brosephd said:

do you guys think that push warrants a suspension? or just ejection

Honestly a suspension. He basically trucked an unwary player. He should get suspended even if it was the right move (probably was) 

Funny to consider, we get frustrated by the suspension, his actions, but if it didn't play out the way it did he likely wouldn't have had that triple double tonight.  I like to see it as a metaphor for life; how the "bad" things flow into the "good" things; but what's bad for one person can be a good thing for the next person over (and vice versa); 'tis why we have to do our best to embrace it all!  Crazy how all that **** works.  Life.  Anyway, I had a puff, so I think this is where this rambling diatribe is coming from. 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Funny to consider, we get frustrated by the suspension, his actions, but if it didn't play out the way it did he likely wouldn't have had that triple double tonight.  I like to see it as a metaphor for life; how the "bad" things flow into the "good" things; but what's bad for one person can be a good thing for the next person over (and vice versa); 'tis why we have to do our best to embrace it all!  Crazy how all that **** works.  Life.  Anyway, I had a puff, so I think this is where this rambling diatribe is coming from. 

Funny for me I was getting crushed last week and the missed game didn't make a difference for me but I am in a super close matchup this week. Shout out to the elf!