NBC Sports Edge Forums

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the little amount of time he’s been on the court, wow. Stat stuffing like he’s diving into some dime piece pussssy

Favors also anchors you in INJs per game.🤣

Pts league bby

Posted Images

Just watched the game. They lost the game on the missed free throw by Randle. But Payton was easily the most important Knicks player in the game. He kept them in the game and almost pulled them back for the comeback. This was the most energetic and focused the team has looked all season. Payton obviously looked smarter and more experienced than the other two.

It was clear not only to viewers and the commentators, but also the coaching staff. Payton played the entire 4th. Because the moment you put in Ntilikina or DSJ, they lose ground or collapse.

They might have Payton come off the bench again next couple games to continue his ramping up, but wouldn't be surprised if he just starts outright

Just now, MysticPeak said:

He gets the freedom that Frankie doesn’t get in offense. Elf has the balls to wave off vets while Frankie doesn’t. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Like, the opposite of what Ntilikina does, haha. Payton's confidence and the trust he gets from his teammates are leaps and bounds above Ntilikina's

• Like 1

I think it’s clear that with how he played down the stretch in only his 2nd game back, Miller knows he’s needed for this team to win (or at least try) and this aligns with what Mills and Dolan want from the team. He should start over Frank within the next week and we should see the trip dubs come in very soon.

Just made the add dropping THJ - I see him as a valuable punt-assist PG similar to Beverley where he chips in with boards, a few threes and defensive stats.

1 hour ago, MysticPeak said:

He gets the freedom that Frankie doesn’t get in offense. Elf has the balls to wave off vets while Frankie doesn’t. 

As he should. They don't need Randle and Morris pretending they're PGs.

24 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Payton > Rondo (though Bradley will be back and Rondo is injury prone) >>> Culver

Trump_wrong.gif

21 minutes ago, Flamez said:

Yo chill we need to relax in here, we’re blowing up the spot. Arent we all trynna grab this fool ?? This section is on hot we gotta take it easy 

You asleep if you didn't have this fool stashed in your IL since he got injured.

56 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

As he should. They don't need Randle and Morris pretending they're PGs.

Trump_wrong.gif

You asleep if you didn't have this fool stashed in your IL since he got injured.

Nah baby I’m wide awake. I got the injury plague healing the whole cedar Sinai on my team with only 1 il spot I couldn’t stash him as bad I wanted to 

The thing i really like about Elf's fantasy outlook is he can fulfill both short term relevance even in a more uneasy position of fewer minutes (18-20) as he is a per minute monster but at the same time provides upside in form of securing a range of 25 or so minutes which would make him a 12T lock. Kind of reminds me of Noel but in PG form.