NBC Sports Edge Forums

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

35 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I agree and thats why I picked him up in my points league. His post AS break stats from last season would have him at ~33 points per game by my scoring settings (not even taking into account the DD and TD bonus) which which put him at 57th on per game average right behind Jamal Murray and Ja.

Not to mention he's still only 25 and could still improve, and like you said he was competing with Jrue last season. Moral of the story this guy cannot be on the wire in any points league anywhere.

spacer.png

• Haha 2
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the little amount of time he’s been on the court, wow. Stat stuffing like he’s diving into some dime piece pussssy

Favors also anchors you in INJs per game.🤣

Pts league bby

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

DSJ is a**. I am confident Payton will catapault himself above those two into the starting lineup. The only tricky thing might be their desire to develop Frank. However, neither DSJ or Frank can run an offense as well as Payton, so that would be a detriment to their two emerging players in Mitchell and Barrett. I am thinking they'll either do Payton and Frank at the 1/2 or Frank as Payton's backup. I think DSJ is gonna be out of the rotation. 

Sidenote: Do they not intend on developing Knox?

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

If he stays healthy and doesn't get jerked around in the rotation, I say top 60-80 is his highest ceiling. Top 40 imo is sort of a stretch to me. 

March 10th to the end of the season last year he was ranked 70th overall without even punting.

The ten game stretch from March 8th to 28th he was ranked 46th overall with no punts. Punt TOs and he was 39th. 

Like comparing him to Doncic is silly but I think 40th as a ceiling is about right. I think it's unlikely he gets there because the Knicks have a lot of bigs to rebound the ball, but a ceiling is supposed to be a stretch.

I think the fact that Perry drafted him, the Knicks want to win now (because they're idiots), and his previous play/chemistry with Randle will all work in his favor. Having a rim runner like Mitch will also help him rack up the assists. However it works out, he's found money as long as he stays healthy.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

March 10th to the end of the season last year he was ranked 70th overall without even punting.

The ten game stretch from March 8th to 28th he was ranked 46th overall with no punts. Punt TOs and he was 39th. 

Like comparing him to Doncic is silly but I think 40th as a ceiling is about right. I think it's unlikely he gets there because the Knicks have a lot of bigs to rebound the ball, but a ceiling is supposed to be a stretch.

I think the fact that Perry drafted him, the Knicks want to win now (because they're idiots), and his previous play/chemistry with Randle will all work in his favor. Having a rim runner like Mitch will also help him rack up the assists. However it works out, he's found money as long as he stays healthy.

You have a very good point about the Knicks wanting to win now and his chemistry with Randle. I pray that he can produce similar numbers to last year.

But that clears it up when you said a ceiling is suppose to be a stretch. I was talking about the entire season which is 2 different things. In this case, I agree that he can be a top 40 for stretches.

10 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

You have a very good point about the Knicks wanting to win now and his chemistry with Randle. I pray that he can produce similar numbers to last year.

But that clears it up when you said a ceiling is suppose to be a stretch. I was talking about the entire season which is 2 different things. In this case, I agree that he can be a top 40 for stretches.

I think he meant that the projected ceiling is supposed to be a stretch of what's to be reasonably expected, the absolute best scenario.

I think he had good chemistry with Mitch Rob when I watched on Saturday. Hit him with a really nice lob for the alley oop.

Knicks are a joke.  Looks like since they sucked for the season beginning, they are now going to start tanking.  Thus why Frank is starting.  Kid is so far from having potential, it's all he's got.  Payton should get 20 minutes a night with Frank playing more.  Unless Frank totally gets destroyed again, and they don't want him to lose his confidence. 

I feel bad for Knox not sure why NY signed a bunch of vet forwards to block his playing time and development.  Genius moves.  I think he has potential too, just way too young right now.  Gibson, Marcus Morris, Portis, Ivan Rabb, Randle.  Seriously they only need like two or 3 out of those guys.  Morris, Portis and Randle are all similar too, and Randle is too good to be on this team.  But he had to go for the money. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Knicks are a joke.  Looks like since they sucked for the season beginning, they are now going to start tanking.  Thus why Frank is starting.  Kid is so far from having potential, it's all he's got.  Payton should get 20 minutes a night with Frank playing more.  Unless Frank totally gets destroyed again, and they don't want him to lose his confidence. 

I feel bad for Knox not sure why NY signed a bunch of vet forwards to block his playing time and development.  Genius moves.  I think he has potential too, just way too young right now.  Gibson, Marcus Morris, Portis, Ivan Rabb, Randle.  Seriously they only need like two or 3 out of those guys.  Morris, Portis and Randle are all similar too, and Randle is too good to be on this team.  But he had to go for the money. 

When you type it all out it's honestly impressive how bad of an organization they are

• Haha 1