NBC Sports Edge Forums

Davis Bertans 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to taste this mans a** if possible. 

Maybe you need to get traded

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, kilslo said:

His value takes a hit if he gets traded to any of those teams

Will most likely get 15 - 20min max

Yep, back to his early season value which is still okay in deeper leagues, I guess. I think the Hawks would be the best destination out of all of those in terms of his value, but definitely not looking good for him ROS.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, kilslo said:

His value takes a hit if he gets traded to any of those teams

Will most likely get 15 - 20min max

honestly, I don’t think it’ll be that bad. He should still get a lot of minutes with these teams especially the sixers. They desperately need a 3pt threat to spread the floor so embiid can operate under the basket without a crowd around him. He’s just too elite of a shooter to not get significant minutes. 

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 2

I actually think he is able to retain his value if he's traded to Hawks bc they don’t care about defense 

You got Bertans and Young, let it rain from logo every night

Young, Huerter and Collins efficiency will raise as well due to better spacing

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

hell no. They play too slow haha 

Lakers =Unless you’re Lebron or AD you might get 10 shots.

Celtics = Tatum, Brown, kemba Show with guest appearances by Hayward

Hawks = would do well.

Nuggets = would do well ( he’ll bench Milsap)

Sixers = 6th man ?

1 hour ago, RLDN106 said:

I think his value takes a hit anywhere besides Washington where he has the green light nightly as their starting PF.

Riding until the wheels fall off.

Yep this. Damn. Wiz really ain’t gonna pay this man. He’d be a good role player for them with Wall and Beal.

No pick or piece they get back is guaranteed to pan out anyway, they should just keep him and sign him to a reasonable contract 🤷🏻‍♂️

34 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Yep this. Damn. Wiz really ain’t gonna pay this man. He’d be a good role player for them with Wall and Beal.

No pick or piece they get back is guaranteed to pan out anyway, they should just keep him and sign him to a reasonable contract 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because of the all the money tied up they’d have nothing left to fill out the roster. Whoever gets him is lucky he’s the best 3 point shooter this season 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Because of the all the money tied up they’d have nothing left to fill out the roster. Whoever gets him is lucky he’s the best 3 point shooter this season 

Yeah, fair enough!

I didn’t see him staying there, but didn’t think it’d be so soon.

Hopefully whoever trades for him has a long-term view of re-signing him, integrating him into their offense and giving him a meaningful role.

• Like 1

I think his value would potentially go up on the Lakers, he'd be with the best playmaker in the league and he'll get wide open looks all day off the LBJ/AD pick and roll. He'll also get an easier defender on him playing with those two.

Not as excited with the Sixers, Celtics or Nuggets, who have far better wing depth and more mouths to feed. I think he drops back into fringe 12 team value on any of those.

I do think it's likely he gets traded though, he'd be too valuable to an actual contender, and he's going to command a big contract in the summer the way he's shooting, so doubt the Wizards want to pay him.

Edited by JStyles
5 minutes ago, JStyles said:

I think his value would potentially go up on the Lakers, he'd be with the best playmaker in the league and he'll get wide open looks all day off the LBJ/AD pick and roll. He'll also get an easier defender on him playing with those two.

Not as excited with the Sixers, Celtics or Nuggets, who have far better wing depth and more mouths to feed.

As a laker fan I would love that

57 minutes ago, GreekFreak23 said:

Given he was a bit off before the injury, do you think they are holding him out to shop him around?

His value is pretty high right now, a few more dud performances might hurt his value - safer to keep him out perhaps?

This type of stuff simply does not exist in real life sports. Scouts, coaches, front office people know what Bertans can do. They don't base their decisions on his 2 most recent games.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

This type of stuff simply does not exist in real life sports. Scouts, coaches, front office people know what Bertans can do. They don't base their decisions on his 2 most recent games.

LOL imagine if real GM's acted like fantasy GMs.  Guys getting their names velcroed onto temp jerseys for streaming. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

I think his value takes a hit anywhere besides Washington where he has the green light nightly as their starting PF.

Riding until the wheels fall off.

basically this. i dont think we will get fair value. i grabbed him off the wire and with his outlook of getting traded, its not great. just ride him till the wheels fall off. perhaps he maintains most value in new team maybe not? but i still expect ~3 3s a game.