NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarrett Allen 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cannot believe his putrid a** started going off a few days after I finally dropped him. Hopefully DJ and Kyrie get back soon and he goes back to averaging 8 and 6

I think he was saying in the context of his team.

I'd say the lesson is more so not to drop a late round guy after 10-12 bad games, who is in a complete timeshare at his position and is a low floor/low ceiling player with poor FT%, if you can see the

8 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

so i cant read man. shoot me

I made the initial statement in jest. But I swing on a few bigs and missed badly. So this dude is like gold to me brother. 

All good on how valuable he is to each team is different. But he is returning 36th overall value right now in Y! Pro leagues 9-cat. And that is great for someone wasn’t drafted there. 

Just enjoy the ride brother. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, molski said:

what's going on with this guy? I haven't watched him lately but he's turned into a turd rather quickly.

Teams are actively looking to defend the pick and roll and lobs to him now, and since he can't create much offense himself he's not doing much.

6 hours ago, BrickWalled said:

Teams are actively looking to defend the pick and roll and lobs to him now, and since he can't create much offense himself he's not doing much.

Is he a drop here? I still have the ability to pick up Enes Kanter off the waivers, I just dont know :(

2 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Can I play in your league next year. Why would you drop a guy giving you 12 pts/10 reb/1 stl/1.4 blk. How big is your league!?

maybe because he has shi* the bed the last 2-3 weeks and some people are still battling for a playoff spot.  Every roster spot counts and needs to be producing at that point.

Until DJ is gone, he isn’t a must own. 

Edited by BustHerPosey
4 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Can I play in your league next year. Why would you drop a guy giving you 12 pts/10 reb/1 stl/1.4 blk. How big is your league!?

Let me know if you win your league with a guy that has been averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds this past week lol. This dude splits minutes with DeAndre. No real fantasy value until DJ gets out of the Nets rotation

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TeamSmexy said:

Let me know if you win your league with a guy that has been averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds this past week lol. This dude splits minutes with DeAndre. No real fantasy value until DJ gets out of the Nets rotation

So that means no fantasy value because DJ is his primary backup. So when will he be out of the rotation?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TeamSmexy said:

Yes, preach that short term value. Past 14, 30, season and ROS value are thrown out the window. I also play in a 12 men league where values J. Allen provide isn't floating in the WW. To each of their own.

• 1 month later...

Hard pill to swallow... I got 3 fantasy points off him last night. He has been +80 fantasy point guy this season. I traded CJ for him as I needed backup C. He aint backing up anything! I have to contemplate dropping his a** if he hoovers around 20 minutes or less from now on. I can give him 3 weeks... Sort it out bud!

15 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Hard pill to swallow... I got 3 fantasy points off him last night. He has been +80 fantasy point guy this season. I traded CJ for him as I needed backup C. He aint backing up anything! I have to contemplate dropping his a** if he hoovers around 20 minutes or less from now on. I can give him 3 weeks... Sort it out bud!

How did he even get 3? His whole line was 2 rebounds (usually 1 fpoint each) and 2 turnovers (usually worth -1 each). He put up a goose egg in my leagues 

23 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

How did he even get 3? His whole line was 2 rebounds (usually 1 fpoint each) and 2 turnovers (usually worth -1 each). He put up a goose egg in my leagues 

Minutes.

• 3 weeks later...